Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Winter Flowers

I have a confession. I... HATE... WINTER. There. I said it. Yes. I know Winter is beneficial to the Earth is so many amazing ways. And it is the blessed time of year when all dangerous slithering reptiles are hibernating underground. But I don't like being cold. I would much rather slip on some Capri's and a T-shirt and go outside and play!! So, this week being our coldest week yet, I decided to catch my favorite part of Winter.... Frost. Yes, Frost. I love how it glistens in the morning sun. I love the sharp, distinct flowery shards. I love how it makes everything so white and appearing so clean and renewed! It is getting the world ready for Spring!!

As a child I would become ecstatic with the thought of snow. Simply because it meant no school. Or that I could go out for 10 minutes and make a quick snowman before I could no longer feel my fingers. But frost!! It meant looking out the window and seeing all the blanketed goodness on the sleeping ground. The grass shimmered. How often does that happen??
Like perfect imprints of Winter... each one of them. Little windows to peer through to the ground and all that is sound asleep beneath. Shards of crystal that cannot prick, but only melt. I am happy inside looking at it. But getting up close with it today made it even more special.

7 comments:

Karen said...

Such a positive outlook. All I am seeing is COLD. It's that kimd of cold that just goes to the bone. Brr...

Sharon said...

I am not a Winter fan myself, but I think it can be beautiful. I love looking at the shapes of the frost.

Shannon Carlson said...

Beautiful pictures Hope. I am not brave enough to go out in the cold to get any. Ella did comment on the "snowflakes" the frost made on the car window today. Made me stop and see some beauty in this darn freezing weather.

Lisha said...

Beautiful! What lens are you using? Makes me want to slow down and really pay attention to the wonders around us. :) Thanks for sharing.

Wendyrful said...

Gorgeous!!! WoW!! I wish I could take pic's like that! amazing!

danakat said...

Lovely post.
And the first set of pictures are AMAZING!

Hilary said...

Great pics! Love the macro shots!

And the only reason you couldn't feel your finger is 'cause we didn't have gloves...hahahaa

Blog Archive

Followers

Crafty Blog!!!!

Vote For A Cure

Photobucket

Help Fight Breast Cancer by Clicking!!

The Breast Cancer Site

 

Our Forever Family | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates