Melodious Harmony
A couple years ago, when I went to the Violin Shop for a repair, I had Ranoah with me and she gazed curiously at all the finely crafted instruments. The shop-owner allowed her to try one out. The sounds that came out of her movement were smooth and sweet. At that moment I knew she had an ear for music. And I was excited because she was a girl after my own heart.... the violin! Such sweet music!
I love the piano. My mom, her mom, and her mom, all played the piano. Every time I sat down at that beauty I tried so hard to produce the same sound they did. My mom was known in our house to just walk by the piano and not resist plucking a quick tune. She'd even dance a little sometimes while she played. After giving up the violin after two years of playing at a young age, I tried to play the piano again. I could not get my left hand to coordinate with my right. Still can't. So, a couple years ago my desire for music just seared my soul.... I had to play again.
And so I have my own violin again. I have been reteaching myself for a couple years now. At a very slow pace. But Ranoah, after trying to come up with an extracurricular to do after school, decided to play as well. "Could I actually teach her??" I thought. I felt compelled. Slowly and surely, even through our head-butting games, she has learned the first steps of playing the violin. Hopefully I will be able to set up a little recital for her before too long. (And before too long I will have to turn her over to someone else who plays and knows much more than I!!)






7 comments:
That is great. The violin is a great intrusment. I've enjoyed getting to know your daughther in Primary. She has great comments.
Look how grown up she looks! Boy has the time flown by or what? :) I LOVE the violin. Chad wants to play it too, but I keep insisting that he continue on the piano a bit longer.
I am always so impressed and inspired by those with musical talents. You and Ranoah definitely inspire me. Beautiful music in the home is heavenly.
The last comment was me, by the way. Didn't know B never logged off last night.
Looks like a lot of fun, I always wanted to be talented in music but never, ever was. We have a piano now and I keep trying to play more but not a lot of luck. Perhaps I will go back to it soon...
Nice pictures. I like the last one, the Depth of field is nice. Your white balance is a little off with your indoor lighting. Try switching it on the camera to the lightbulb and see what you think. Or, try moving closer to a window and switching it to the sun setting. If the light is low like that, try putting the camera on a tripod or the counter and dropping the ISO to maybe 200. She will have to stay really still though. Your header looks really great also. All of the starter lenses do better outdoors with the lights, it took me a while to learn that the great pictures some people take are directly attributable to their lenses (lower than a 3.0 f stop helps with DOF a lot). good luck!
She looks like a natural. I'd get her with an instructor quick, though. My friend, a professional, is already tsk-ing me for letting hannah get to the ripe age of 6 without putting an instrument in her hands. Shame on me...
Nancy Law would probably know some good teachers.
My little Summer started the violin this year. It has been a bit of a struggle to get her to practice. Joe was really gung ho in the beginning then when she surepassed her dad he stepped back. I love going to the class with her. This is the first year 3rd graders got to join the orchedstera. It is great to see children learning music.
Suzie
Post a Comment