Wednesday, September 02, 2009

A Failing Nation... A Faithful Nation

Elder Harold B. Lee ... "Men may fail in this country, earthquakes may come, seas may heave beyond their bounds, there may be great drought, disaster, and hardship, but this nation, founded on principles laid down by men whom God raised up, will never fail. This is the cradle of humanity, where life on this earth began in the Garden of Eden. This is the place of the new Jerusalem. This is the place that the Lord said is favored above all other nations in all the world. This is the place where the Savior will come to His temple. This is the favored land in all the world. Yes, I repeat, men may fail, but this nation won't fail. I have faith in America; you and I must have faith in America, if we understand the teachings of the gospel of Jesus Christ. We are living in a day when we must pay heed to these challenges.
I plead with you not to preach pessimism. Preach that this is the greatest country in all the world. This is the favored land. This is the land of our forefathers. It is the nation that will stand despite whatever trials or crises it may yet have to pass through."
(Ye Are the Light of the World, 350-51)


I have received this quote several times in emails in the last few months. I have thought it a wonderful and inspired quote each time. This time I wanted to share and keep it in here. This blog is also our family album since we are printing it. I thought it prudent to put this memento in for a bit of history. Our nation feels like it is at war. People are slandering others. Our nation's leaders are under a magnifying glass that seems to only portray them as criminals each day.

I am the last to agree with many of the things our political leaders have been doing lately. But they are still our leaders. They need our prayers. They need our support where we can give it. And if prayer right now is that support... so be it.

2 comments:

kg said...

Thanks for sharing!

Heather said...

That is wonderful, thank you. I find myself listening and watching less and less. Retreating into my bubble that is my family.

Blog Archive

Followers

Crafty Blog!!!!

Vote For A Cure

Photobucket

Help Fight Breast Cancer by Clicking!!

The Breast Cancer Site

 

Our Forever Family | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates