Covert Birthday Operations
Celebrating my birthday this year was much different from years past. Growing up with a family of seven kids, Birthdays were our day! It was a day to shine in a crowded house! And many times they were celebrated with few funds to help. But my fondest memory was how my mom always managed to have our favorite dinner and an ice cream cake, all lovingly made by her, at the table for us on our night.
Shawn knew he wouldn't be able to be here on my birthday this year. So he took me out for an early birthday celebration right before he left. In the back seat of the car was a package containing new photography books for me to enjoy. Which I did as we were driving to our destination. That and when he was on his business trip prior to this one, he let me purchase an upgrade to our current wheat grinder! (May seem weird, but that was so exciting for me!!!) He is such a sweet and considerate man!!
So, on my birthday a couple days ago I was just quietly enjoying a peaceful day. A phone call from family once or twice. Tucking the kids in as normal. I had begun my journal entry about how my aging another year doesn't phase me one bit. As I am excited to add another year of growth, understanding, learning.... another step closer to becoming like my Savior in our Eternal goal. I felt like this past year has been good. It was at this point that I received another phone call. From my hubby. He told me to turn the computer back on. And low and behold.... He took pictures for me!! He took our camera with him to get pics of the shuttle launching. And while he was on base at Cape Canaveral he decided to get me closer to this lighthouse (the same one we have seen for the past 2 years from a distance from our vacation spot because it is on military property) than I have ever had the opportunity to myself! I love lighthouses.






5 comments:
The big dipper is amazing! Happy Birthday!
What a sweet guy you have! I love lighthouses too! Hope you had a great birthday even if it couldn't be celebrated with your sweetie!
After Saturday, you DESERVED a peaceful Sunday and a very happy birthday. You did such a fantastic job with the bread class. And these pictures are AWESOME!
I think you definately have a keeper! That is so sweet! I love the light house pictures!
Happy belated b-day!
awwwwww...how sweet!
Post a Comment