Boats and Toadstools
Wednesday night I felt chaos overtake me. Usually I can handle Shawn leaving town pretty well. Especially on the first day. However Wednesday night I felt like time was against me. I quickly grabbed the camera and an extra lens and headed out the door with my clan. Only to arrive at the Raingutter Ragata without my memory card. So. I leaned against the lamp post and observed from a distance. Zach ended up reusing last year's boat because of... yes... time. We had very little notice that the Ragatta was even happening. So, he slapped on a few coats of paint onto last year's gold and put a new sail on it and wah-lah! A new Boat! He actually won the first two races he was in. Unfortunately loosing the last of the three took him out of the finals. But we were so happy for him!!! Awesome job, Zach!!!
On a completely seperate note, Shawn bought me some photography books for my birthday. Another hobby I have been into, mostly to take better pics of my own family. But it got me into wanting to play a bit more. So, when I went out to take pics of the misty fog that was on my doorstep today, I came across a fun little subject.
I thought it would be fun. I didn't think it would be so itchy. But they don't make 1-inch tall tripods. I thin I might invest in a mini though. As things like this toadstool appeal to me quite frequently. I never knew fungi could be so... okay, here's the pun... Fun! LOL







4 comments:
We didn't even go to the rain gutter regatta because of time and other things going on that night.
Glad he won at least a couple of races!
Who thought mushrooms could look so interesting!
Good job, way to wing it! Love the mushroom pics and it was good seeing you for a sec on Saturday. :)
Love the fungi! I wish I had more lenses, but I have been having fun anyway. It is so hard to take time building a hobby I love so much!
Fun pictures!
Post a Comment