Saturday, July 25, 2009

East Coast Family (Part 4)~ Independence Day

Between DC and 4th of July we actually had a Girls' Day and a Guys' Day out. Us girls? We went to get our nails done, get some Vietnamese Rice Noodles (Yummmm!), some delicious ice cream and smoothies, play at the park and play Monopoly. The guys took in an all day trip to the Air and Space Museum in Virginia, which is bigger and better (so I have been told many times) than the one in DC. Us girls didn't take any pics, but the guys did. They took lots! And I will let Shawn write that post, should he care to, since he knows what it is all about. So, for now, I will move on to the Independence Day celebration.

This one gave me lots of opportunity to get acquainted with my camera some more. I don't have very much experience taking pics with held out shutter speeds and such. This was a fun learning experience. I only wish we hadn't run out of fireworks when we did.

Aunt Hilary extended the fun of the evening by bringing out their supply of glow sticks! The kids (and we, as you will see later) had a blast with these!!!

Let the fireworks begin!!





Sparklers are cool! We love writing in the air. As they get older I will teach them how to hold absolutely still while waving the sparkler around.













My sister. Hilary has some awesome ideas! In the middle of the sparkler fun, she has Mike and Shawn light one for each hand, then she starts waving like an air traffic controller.

It was so much fun!!



Shawn wanted his fun with the Sparklers, too. Oh, to be a kid again.... Wait. We still act like them.




After the low-key fireworks were done (although the parachute men was kind of extreme for the parking lot), we went to a different area to do the bigger ones.





The kids had more interest in the glow sticks by the time it got dark. Who can blame them? They were so much fun!!

When we got inside to go to bed, we realized the fun had only began. Take one bunch of glow sticks + 4 photographic crazed over-sized kids + 2 Nikon's = FUN!!!








Yes, we brought the little kids back in to join us after we were done for a few more pics!



We had some real fun with these glow sticks!! I'm telling you. I think it was my favorite part of the entire trip!





Fourth of July at the Beckwiths was awesome!!! It was so much fun seeing my terrific sister and her awesome husband. But, we had to move onward. Up to Boston to visit more fun family!! That will have to wait until Part 5 though!

2 comments:

kg said...

I'm enjoying all your journeys! Love the glow stick pics!

Karen said...

I love seeing and reading about your trip. Looks like a great time. Your pictures here are so cool! I love them. Enjoy your week! School is almost here.

Blog Archive

Followers

Crafty Blog!!!!

Vote For A Cure

Photobucket

Help Fight Breast Cancer by Clicking!!

The Breast Cancer Site

 

Our Forever Family | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates