We headed out from Virginia to go to Boston on a Sunday morning. We didn't realize what kind of territory we were getting into though. Not until we came across our first toll road price-sign in New England!
We had never before seen a toll that high. The advantages of living in the South I guess!! We paid, of course, and headed onward to Boston!

This was when I broke out the treats that Aunt Hilary bought for her nieces and nephew that she really wanted to spoil! I let them know they were from her. "Thank you, Aunt Hilary!!!"


Upon our arrival in Boston, Shawn's brother and his wife and kids (the Boston Holcombs) immediately took us to their park to get everyone a good energy outlet!!It was such a beautiful day!! Which, we were told, was very fortunate because it had been raining for 3 weeks prior to our visit.

This was an odd sign combination to see. Hmmm.

My niece, Sophia, and her mommy, my fun-loving, knit-aholic SIL, Meg! I haven't seen this adorable niece since she was 1 1/2!! Now she is almost 5. That is TOOOOOO LOOONNNGGGG!!!


Shawn and Sophia took right to each other! He loves his adorable niece!!!

And it was our first time meeting our 2 1/2 year old nephew, Cedric. That is just plain sad. But I adored him the entire time we were there. We even got to watch him and his sister one evening when Mom and Dad went out for dinner. Isn't he adorable?!?!? I love those blond curls!!!!




I believe Jared's words were, "What is she doing with the camera like that?!". "She's taking our picture." I haven't seen you guys in 3 1/2 years. Don't blame me for wanting to catalog this event!! It may be a once in a lifetime occurrence!!!

After playing on the playground, we decided it was time for a walk.

Skylah decided to show Cedric how to pick flowers. I don't think he took to it as much as my girls have though!

We enjoyed our time out of the car!!!
2 comments:
What an awesome vacation, Hope! I've enjoyed looking through all of your photos. Barry and I have talked about taking the kids to DC... maybe soon!
Glad you're having a great trip. Love the picture of the signs, that's hilarious. And you have a really nice picture of Skylah in here! What a beauty.
Post a Comment