East Coast Family (Part 2)~ DC 2-Day Tour
Our second day in Virginia Aunt Hilary had to work. So, Uncle Mike took us for our first day of DC.
Our next stop after the Library was the Botanical Garden. (How could we pass this up???)
Simply amazing plants! They had a cocoa bean mulch that smelt delectable!!






I always imagined pineapple hanging from trees for some reason. Huh.



We happened upon a wind generator. None of us had ever seen anything like this. Just yards away there was a typical one that you would see anywhere else powering California and such. It wasn't even moving. Apparently this one is so sensitive it propels so fast, generating so much more power. (So, why aren't these all over the country??)
After the Garden we ventured over to one of the Smithsonian Air and Space Museums. (Later we'll see the pics from the one located closer to Aunt Hilary and Uncle Mike.)
















The first day was fun, but exhausting. (Little did the young ones know they were going to have to do it all over again the next day!)
But this time Aunt Hilary got to join us!! Yay!!! Let's go walk some more. (And see some more fun sites!!)
This was titled the Star Spangled Banner. It was so much more amazing than you see here! Absolutley Beautiful!!
We even got a snap of the bathroom in the National American History Museum (Skylah didn't believe Aunt Hilary when she said she could see Skylah's reflection even though Skylah couldn't see it. So, Aunt Hilary took a photo!)


We got to see the "Puffy Shirt" from Seinfeld. Right next to Oscar the Grouch!!
You must know that our entire family (my siblings included) are all fans of this green guy!! Kermit the Frog and Miss Piggy have been seen and heard in our households on numerous occasions!!!




There was a clever little box with these automated marionettes acting out the (steam) that was building between patriots and loyalists prior to the Revolution. It was very well done!










On our tour I caught a statue in the hall that looked familiar. We were on a headphone tour and couldn't really leave the group, so I snapped what I could. Each state contributes 2 statues of their choice to this hall. Can you see who I see?
Had to be from Utah!! Right?? Brigham Young. I thought that was a pretty fun thing to see on our way through!









Skylah hung out with Uncle Mike a lot that day. I think she found a new buddy! She was enthralled in some of the animals on exhibit.



To entertain ourselves while in late afternoon traffic, we decided to find out how close one could get one's finger to a fly before it flies away!
(Like I said... we were all pretty tired! Anything that kept the kids from fighting and whining, and kept us busy, right?!)

We got pretty close. I almost touched it. Ewwww! I screamed each time it flew away, too. Yes, I don't like bugs very much. But this sweet fly kept landing where it was convenient to conduct our little photographic experiment!
Thus ends the second part of our Virginia trip. The next day when Uncle Mike had to work we opted to go to a quaint, but awesome waterpark. It was perfect!!
Thus ends the second part of our Virginia trip. The next day when Uncle Mike had to work we opted to go to a quaint, but awesome waterpark. It was perfect!!






2 comments:
wow!! You sure did a lot! Looks like total fun!
I Love DC! I am glad you are having fun.
Post a Comment