On to Animal Kingdom!!! (Pictures!!!!)
Shawn had enough insight in the beginning of our brief stay in Florida to go to our main attraction, Disney World, in the first few days. Last Summer when we were here for a month we had gone to Epcot and Magic Kingdom. This time around, we had to see Animal Kingdom. And we are so glad we did!!!
So many things to do and see there!! After we arrived at the gates (a minute early!!!) we went in to the first major roller coaster we knew was there. It was closed. Okay, so we went to the second biggest one... Yep, it was closed.
Both were broken, so we got a Fast Pass to the first one, hoping it would be fixed later in the day, and headed to see some of the sites.

We got to visit Raffiki from Lion King, Pocahontas and saw many others throughout the day.



Here's a interesting bit... the vet office was visible from the crowd in one building. This a female baboon that was ill. Kind of hard to see, but I didn't really want to use my flash while they were trying to help her.

The Dinosaur exhibit was amazing and fun!!!!

Although, with my recent diagnosis of Benign Vertigo, etc. we soon realized why the doctor said, "You really shouldn't ride the roller coasters." Okay, so I learned my lesson for next time. Next time I will sit with all the other moms with babies and grandmothers who can't stand heights. The throbbing headache after the hours of dizziness taught me that!!
But we still had a great time!! The safari was a major hit with our family. So much that we went twice on that one. But not until we had seen the parade... twice as well! It happened that the parade was on our path to two destinations. So we saw it as it passed through one area, then again in another. It was so much fun! The artistic talent in the animals in the parade was amazing!!!





On to the Safari!!!

Many MANY animals (and roadblocks!!)!
I can't for the life of me remember what this tree is called, but it really looks like it is growing upside down. The trail guide said this tree can go 9 months through the year without leaves on it. Crazy lookin thing! But beautiful!!!
Can you see the Hippo??
Let me remind you we were in a moving vehicle and I opted just to take my 18-55mm lens along, so these animals were CLOSE!!!
See the wrinkles in the baby giraffe's skin?? Awwww!
What are these??
Wo, Mamma!!!
Yikes! I don't like these creatures. I am sure they are beautiful in the eyes of many, including our own Creator. But, yikes!
Done with the safari... both times.
I couldn't resist! This triangle canopy above me was calling out to me. Headache or no.
I look tired... I am. It was a hard day. My ankle was killing me afterwards, my head was pounding and the world around me was spinning. It was worth it though!! So much fun!!!! Will we see it again next year?? Who knows?!?!










4 comments:
oh! animal kingdom is my favorite! did you go see finding nemo or the lion king? So glad you are having fun!
This is the one park I am wanting to see so bad. I am sorry your trip was cut short. Not so fun.
I LOVE Disney Parks! Looks like you had a good time - and it was great to see YOU in some pics - why is it us Moms get stuck taking the pictures making it look as if we weren't there for all the fun! Can't wait to hear about all your adventures!
When we lived in FL my kids LOVED Animal Kingdom--it was their favorite of all the parks. And that safari ride is way cool.
Post a Comment