Happy Mother's Day
The weekend when my brothers and sisters and friends were here for my Mom's funeral, my sweet husband decided to plant a tree in her memory. It took a while, but my brother and I picked one out. A Crepe Myrtle, with white blossoms. The tiny soft white blooms reminded us of her love, compassion and love for each of us.
For Mother's Day, the kids and I decided to celebrate with Mayma as well. Her favorite color was blue.
So we got to work and decorated her tree with little bows. The ribbon came from her craft supplies which I inherited since I lived next door to her and my dad.
It doesn't look like much, but for us it was a nice celebration of the memory of a special person.
Ranoah declared that hugging this tree was like hugging Mayma. And so they did. They sent hugs to her. Ranoah can also be found frequently praying next to this tree, asking Heavenly Father to make sure Mayma is happy in Heaven.When pondering the things my mom taught me during her time here on Earth, it is hard to pick out individual subjects. I would have to say, should I pick one, that she taught me to try to be a good person. Even on the worst days, she could be found whistling and playing a quick tune on the piano.
When I was 4 or 5, she had Mother's Day in her bed while fighting off a bout with Laryngitis. We gave her a ceramic swan planter, filled with roses. However, my favorite Mother's Day memory for her, would have to be about 9 or 10 years ago. Not all of my siblings were attending church, and some lived in another city. I secretly had each of them come Sunday morning, setting my sister and her boys up in a local Motel, to attend church with her. She arrived and saw each of her 7 children, along with grandchildren sitting in the pew waiting for her.
I know it was one of the most treasured moments in her later years as a mom. To see, once more again after such a long time of us each growing older and going our own ways, each of us at Church once again. Her smile was so bright that day.
Those are my greatest memories of my mom... seeing her beautiful cheerful smile. Happy Mother's Day, Mom.







4 comments:
What a sweet way to remember you mom. I love the ribbons. Happy Mother's day Hope. I hope you have a wonderful one.
I know you will find such joy in watching this tree bloom and grow over the years. I know your children like being near something tangible that reminds them of her.
I love that your family planted this tree, a perfect way to remember and think of her. I hope your Mother's Day was special.
I love it.
Post a Comment