Fall Risk

Yep, he was classified as "Fall Risk" while we were in the ER this morning. A couple of you already know who I am speaking of. But to clarify, it was my sweet husband.
This morning, at approximately 1am.... No, let's go back a little further first.
About 6 weeks ago Shawn noticed his ear was a little plugged. So he went to the doctor to try to relieve the pressure. There was no infection, so he kindly took the meds and went about his business. Flying to places around the country, working on our floor, being an awesome father, hard worker...
Last night we were both a little restless, having a hard time getting to sleep. I finally dozed off and was awakened at 1 am by my husband's constant "Oh, shoot." That was his reaction to the severe pain shooting through his ear. Tossing and turning, going from our bed to the couch in our room, and back, drinking some herbal tea, putting a heating pad on his ear... trying everything he can think of.
I get up at 6:30 when the kids are pleading for breakfast (Do they not know the meaning of "Sleeping In"????). Making sure Shawn is not running a temp, I get along with our morning getting the Saturday morning chores done with the kids, while calling the on call physician to get a prescription, and then calling our sweet Home Teacher for a blessing. As it turns out, I already knew but forgot, his wife was out of town so he called others to come to our aid.
A little perturbed that it was taking so long to get a blessing so I could get to the store to pick up the medication the doctor called in I kept right along vacuuming. I got the phone call saying they would be there soon. "Thank goodness", I remember thinking to myself. How very true that would be in about 30 minutes.
Our sweet friends, taking time out of their Saturday morning, arrived at 10 to give Shawn his blessing. No sooner was the blessing done and they were asking if they could do anything else for us that Shawn took a turn for the worse. Throwing up and going incoherent for a minute or two, we decided to call 911. Our sweet friends were then helping me take him to the bedroom to lay on the floor while we awaited the ambulance.
Longer story short, we were home after other sweet friends picked us up from the hospital (since we rode in the ambulance) and swung by to drop off a prescription from the hospital around 2pm. We are now even more sure of where Ranoah gets her vasovagal fainting syncomb. Shawns ear drum had ruptured but not entirely burst, which would have relieved the pain a little. It was extremely infected.
So, now we are home. Thanks to our awesome friends here. The timing this morning could not have been more perfect. I don't know if I would have been as quick on my feet for Shawn without them here. Another great reminder to me that God knows our needs and will provide a way out of trouble and heartache if we but remain faithful and diligent to His commandments and teachings.
Shawn is resting and well as he can be considering. We both crashed on the couch when we got home. And are hopeful of a good night's sleep tonight.






7 comments:
Oh what a day! Seriously that must have been scary. I am glad all has worked out for the best. I am here if you need anything. Take care.
Wow, you both must be so exhausted and glad to be home. What was wrong with Shawn?
When it rains it pours! I'm glad to hear that things are improving.
Glad everything is ok!! I'm sure you were tired, physically and emotionally!
Dang, that's not a fun way to spend your Saturday, for either of you! Glad he's doing better, and so glad that you had great friends to help out! :)
Oh, Hope! That's terrible! How convenient an inconvenience can be when coupled with understanding.
We'll be praying for you, and for a quick recovery on Shawn's part. Bless you all!
No Fun! So sorry! I hope Shawn heals quickly... than Heavan for small blessings.
Post a Comment