Wednesday, April 29, 2009

The Wise Man Built... A New Roof??

I don't know about you, but the hail a month ago did a little more than urging me to play a round of mini-golf. The loud pitter-patter on our roof has given us a slightly less expensive way (thanks to insurance) to go a little more green! We are having metal roofs put on our house, garage and our rental.


Shawn is so excited!! He has been like a kid at Christmas, watching these roofers do every little step to get it done.



Even encouraging me to get the camera out and take a picture during each phase.


I will admit, the excitement has not all been his. After all, it has made him realize that a new paint job on the house is more than inevitable!!!


The finished product (just the roof)...

The roof looks great! It is energy efficient, meaning we get a wonderful little tax break next year, as well as some savings on our electric bill this summer!! The warranty on this thing is 45 years! I love that! The roofers even guarantee their labor on it for 10 years.


So, now the question to ask is... What color do we paint our house???? I would love to do a Cape Cod Blue with white and grey trim. Who knows, maybe a red door?!?! What do you all think?? I want suggestions!! (Because the color of our house is now even more not pretty than I thought it was before, since it completely doesn't match our roof.)

6 comments:

Kendra@My Insanity said...

I like your color ideas. I'd go with a really grey/blue and I think the trim would look great white or off white. The red door could be really fun, too. It would just depend on the style of the door and the shade of red. The roof looks great!

kg said...

Love the new roof! And love your choice of blue and white trim with a red door! Those front three windows would look cute with planter boxes under them too!

hope said...

I totally agree about the planters!! Shawn put a long one out back along the three windows right next to each other. That sounds lovely!!

Becki said...

I love red doors! It would look great with the roof. We own the same camera! I love mine too. :) Thanks for your comments, you always make me smile!

Quincy Sorensen said...

What exciting news! It is so fun to be able to make home changes for the better. I'll be excited to see what colors you choose.

Lisa said...

Nice! What color did you decide on?

Blog Archive

Followers

Crafty Blog!!!!

Vote For A Cure

Photobucket

Help Fight Breast Cancer by Clicking!!

The Breast Cancer Site

 

Our Forever Family | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates