Whole Wheat Wednesday
I promised Waffles, so here they are...
Whole Wheat Waffles~
1 C Oats (finely ground in blender)
2 C SWWF
1/4 C Wheat Germ
1/4 C Milled Flax seed
2 TBS Baking Powder
1/2 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Cinnamon (or more if you want it)
Mix together, then add liquids:
1 C Applesauce or Oil
5 eggs
3 C Milk (add more if needed)
Mix, but don't beat to heavily. Let rest a minute, or while your waffle iron heats up. For these you will need to spray your iron prior to each use (or at least every other use) with nonstick spray (I use olive oil spray.). These will become deep golden brown, but not too dark. The eggs really make them!!! I make this large batch and refrigerate a lot of them for use during the week. We love to toast some homemade waffles on busy mornings here!!
Sorry no pics, but I am editing about 2,000 pics right now from other things... Plus I figured if you've seen one waffle, you've seen just about all of them!!
Enjoy!!! (Oh, and don't forget to try these with Vanilla yogurt between two, with berry syrup on top!!! Yummmmm!)






1 comment:
Sounds YUM! Especially with the yogurt and stuff...mmmmm.
But again, I would enjoy them much more if I just came and had breakfast at your house. :)
Post a Comment