A Visit With Papa & Nana
Papa and Nana arrived a week and a half ago. And we decided to take advantage of every second...
First stop...
I love this man!!
Walking with Skylah to the sunflower maze
These two awesome kiddos had so much fun together that day!
Papa and Nana enjoyed a peaceful (somewhat) afternoon at the Gardens.
But this little lady always enjoys a frequent trip there!!
Playing in the Dinosaur garden in the Children's Garden, Zach and Ranoah spent most of their time in there.
Next stop...
Ruby Falls!!
The walk was a little claustrophobic for my taste, but we all still enjoyed ourselves.
This is more like it (until you get down to that little walkway. Yikes!)
I took this opportunity to take family pics this year. We enjoyed the scenery. For my first time taking them, I think they turned out pretty good. I will have to get lots more practice next year though so next year's can be better!!!
I let them walk out on the hangover and enjoy the view!
This view was spectacular though!!!
Now, Hilary, this is for you... I did have a picture of a gnome greeting us. But that one disappeared. So, here are his friends that were everywhere here!!
Of course these are NOT the final pics. I am saving those for later!!
But I still enjoyed them! (I must say thanks to my friend, Kim for taking such precious pics of our family last year and showing me just how much fun and wonderful taking sweet pics in natural lighting can be. I love the sunshine in the morning, in the shade and at dusk!!)
This girl cracks me up!! She pastes such cheesy, precious grins on her face any time I have the camera. I did manage to get some good ones though!
I was on the stone wall taking this picture. I enjoyed that view very much, thank you.
Our last stop, the incline. Okay, so we have been taking a trip 1100 feet down into the ground; driving on windy uphill roads; and now this...
The incline up Lookout Mountain.
This is the cable and drums that control this...
It was fine to start, but then the incline became steeper. I am not fond of heights at all, so this ride was pleasant with me looking out my side window at the trees. However, the kids enjoyed the view from the front window with Shawn.
At home we have loved finishing up those cinnamon rolls, and torturing our children...
When all torturing and munching are done, bedtime stories are a special treat.
What? Did you think we were done??? Not yet.
What is a trip to Rocket City without a stop at the Space and Rocket Center?!
This next picture was not intentional, but isn't it awesome?!
I love that he was looking at the scale model and I got the upshot with "USA" from the Saturn V in it.
Launch date, November 14th. Shawn will be at work all day for that one!
These pigeons must think they are going to hitch a ride or something.
Shawn LOVES his job!!
'In the beginning...'
That is an awesome machine, I must say!!!
After about 20 times, it was time to get off.
And now it is time to head off...
to another adventure!!
This park is awesome!!
These fish were crazy!! They acted like there was no room in the entire lake!!
I couldn't pass these guys up.
Skylah has thoroughly enjoyed spending so much time with Papa and Nana!
NOW, it is time to go home. That's right. Well, at least for now. The only reason I am posting this is because I have time while they are gone in Tennessee for a couple days! We shall see them soon again (not soon enough for three anxious grandkids) and partake of a couple more adventures!!!

















































6 comments:
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Rock City! Whenever we go to Chattanooga we always have to make a stop there! It is a beautiful place!
I am exhausted. I can't believe you did this all in one trip. That is the fun thing about hosting guests, though. Looks like you all had a fun time! :)
Wow! Some people work hard, some people play hard. I'd say you did both! How fun. I have to get the low down on Ruby Falls. It looks gorgeous. And I can't believe how beautiful your pictures are! You have skills!
Looks like you guys are having tons of fun! Give nana and papa hugs and kisses for all of us:)
What a fun adventure! Wish we lived closer! The kids would have so much fun playing together and not the mention Mom's and Dad's. When are you coming this way again? We don't travel south very often at all.
Hope, that looked so fun. I am so glad that you guys have found some time to enjoy such awesome adventures! The family looks great. Good luck with the water thingy tomorrow. Oh yeah, the raingutter ragata? Anyway, have fun!
Post a Comment