It's Much Thanks-Giving!!
This morning I awoke from a dream. My first reaction was kind of sad, but then a smile reached my lips. Yesterday while I was talking on the phone with my older sister, we discussed how we both, almost sequentially, were reminded of our Mom and how much we miss her during these holidays.
You must understand, Thanksgiving and Christmas... those were HER holidays. It was her time to shine, even more than she did throughout the year.
Well, back to my dream... in this dream my mom was... well... being Mom. Apparently we were visiting our Aunts house in AZ for the holidays. Mom wanted to finish a project she was making for me, before we left for home. She didn't have all her supplies, or they were too expensive, so she, in her creative way, utilized cleaning tools to help her complete this project. I couldn't tell what the project was as she was painting it. But I recall watching her do this and wondering the whole time what it will come out to be. Then realizing it didn't matter what it was going to be, but how my mom was making it and working diligently to do so within her means (which was not uncommon while we were growing up).
Most of you don't even know my mom. This is her...

(Sherm is missing from this one because he was serving his mission in Baton Rouge.)
I don't remember this one, but I remember the shirt Holly is wearing! (I know you are going to kill me, Holly, but I had to post this today!!)
This one just reminds me of my Ranoah. I get after her all the time for biting her nails!!
The bald one in this picture is me! I think Hilary is still just a thought at this point!!
On this day, and all through out the year, I am constantly trying to remember what I am thankful for. Today I am thankful most for Family. For the togetherness that the holidays, faith in my Saviour and the Gospel all provide for me and my family, throughout Eternity.
This is the Mom that a lot of us remember. It is the one my sweet husband knows and remembers and loves. This is her making thanksgiving dinner, along with one of her brothers, Uncle Jim, in the background.... most likely picking meat from the turkey!!!






6 comments:
You stole my pictures! :) So long as they went to good use. I love the last one. So mom!
Love ya!
That (the last pic) is the Sister Payne that I remember and love. I miss your Mom, too. I can't wait to hug her again someday.
I've been thinking of you and your family today. I am so thankful for the Payne's. I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving! Love you!
Awwwwwwwwwwww, so sweet Hope. The holidays are always bittersweet for me too because I always remember my grandma and the food brings all those memories flooding back. Happy Thanksgiving sweet girl.
I love all the retro family pics! I think I had that exact same cool bunny shirt that Holly is wearing, what were we thinking? The 80's were not great for fashion!
Okay so the Heidi I remember is totally pictured. My best friend with no shoes!!! Take the time to heal beautiful pictures!
What a great dream!
I hope Thanksgiving was fantastic and you are able to enjoy the memories of your Mama during the rest of this beautiful season! My thoughts are with you!
Post a Comment