Thursday, November 06, 2008

Happy Birthday!

In the Payne family we have a few birthdays in the month of November.

One of my sisters is turning 30 on the 8th. She is such a sweet, awesome person. I love her dearly.

One of my brothers is celebrating on Veteran's Day, just like every year before. He has always been watchful over me, and I love him so much.

One of my nephews is turning 2. I can't believe how much he has grown. He is such a handsome little guy.

And then there is Mom. This month has been oddly over-emotional for me. Don't get me going, I warn you. Sunday is Mom's birthday. She would have been 68. I am grateful for all her care and guidance. She taught me so much. I miss her abundantly right now. Each time I think of the joy I am missing in seeing her and hugging her, I close my eyes and see her perfect image in my mind. I don't see a hunched, weak woman. I see a tall, slender woman. In her tall white gown, looking at me and smiling. I have closed my eyes many times lately, to see her, to remember her love that I know continues for me.

I have sent the birthday cards out to all my family who are celebrating birthdays this month. But my mom's will stay in my card box.

And although we will not be putting candles in a cake, few of us, this Sunday, on her birthday, will be making my mom's large, sweet, scrumptious cinnamon rolls. I even have the same baking pan my mom used. We are celebrating her memory and love.

Happy Birthday, Heath, Heidi, Jens & Mom!!!! I love you all so much.

7 comments:

Quincy Sorensen said...

Dear Hope, please know that you are in my thoughts this weekend as you celebrate the first birthday of your Mother's since her death. I think you will find more joy in it than you may expect. What wonderful memories you have of her. On Elijah's birthday we released white balloons with our testimonies of eternal families inside. It was a healing and hopeful experience. I pray you will have a similar experience.

Anonymous said...

I am thinking about you and sending hugs your way! What a great way to remember your mom!

Happy b-day to your family!

Jessica M said...

That sounds wonderful. I hope you feel peace on Sunday. Here's a hug from a friend.

Dahnelle said...

Sending love your way, Hope. I think the song is nice. I hope you have a healing experience too.

Emily said...

Awwwwwww, so sweet hope. I am glad you still have her memory and her cinnamon rolls. I am sure she will be with you on her special day.

Stella said...

Love the post Hope. I wish I could just reach out and give you a big squeeze. I love you!

Trish said...

I'm thinking of you and your Mom on this special day. My life has been upside down and so I haven't been checking on you, but I've been thinking of you! Love you, Hope. Enjoy today, make it a happy day.

Blog Archive

Followers

Crafty Blog!!!!

Vote For A Cure

Photobucket

Help Fight Breast Cancer by Clicking!!

The Breast Cancer Site

 

Our Forever Family | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates