Monday, October 13, 2008

Skylah-isms

I have seen many of these on my friends' blogs for their own children. Always a fun laugh to have and enjoy. And usually a reminder of the funny things my own little ones have abundantly blessed me with.

However, this morning I was interrupted into my peaceful scripture reading by a sweet little smile, and a mouthful of words...

Skylah~ Mom I'm hungry for lunch.

Mommy~ Don't you mean breakfast?

Skylah~ No, I don't like breakfast... I want lunch.

Mommy~ Okay, well, do you want pancakes, or something else?

Skylah~ No, I want lunch. I want a sandwich.

Mommy~ Okay, what do you want on your sandwich?

Skylah~ Hmmm... I want cheese.

Mommy~ Okay, do you want anything else on you sandwich?

Skylah~ Yes... I want... hmmmmm... manitizer.

Mommy~ Manitizer???? Do you mean, MAYONNAISE?

Skylah~ Yes, I want manaize.

Mommy~ Okay. I think I can manage that.

On top of this new one this morning, in the past we have grown to love, "Yu-elcome", which is an improvement over, "Yelcome". And I still love the awesome, "Phanks!!"

Granted, this is my 4-year-old, who usually speaks pretty clearly. However, these are the lingering "baby words" if you will allow me to say such a thing that I enjoy thoroughly!! She is indeed my baby; my youngest; my last. I am soaking up all of this like a sponge!!! (Oh, and Spellcheck hada blast with all these words!! I just had to add!!)

7 comments:

Hilary said...

When she called and asked if I could come over and play, it totallt made my day! Love you, Skylah!

Anonymous said...

Too cute! It's nice to have lingering "baby words"! They grow up too quickly as it is!

Stella said...

Oh my goodness! I love it. She is too cute. my favorite that Jens says is diguting (disgusting) which describes just about everything I try to feed him lately!

Jessica M said...

She's so cute.

Looks like y'all had fun at Tate Farms! It's one of our favorite places too!

Lisa said...

how sweet! She is just a doll!! We love Tate Farms too!!

steveandamybrossard said...

Kids say the silliest things! My kids love sandwiches for breakfast too.

Lisha said...

There is NOTHING like fun little kids' words... they are the BEST! Thanks for sharing!

Blog Archive

Followers

Crafty Blog!!!!

Vote For A Cure

Photobucket

Help Fight Breast Cancer by Clicking!!

The Breast Cancer Site

 

Our Forever Family | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates