Friday, October 24, 2008

Frugal Friday

All who really know me know how I love to save a little here and there, especially since I am not good at coupon clipping. So, my frugal tip for today....

Wash and reuse your Ziplocks!!

I bought one box of sandwich size and one box of gallon size at the beginning of the school year. Occasionally the kids forget and throw them away. Other times they may get punctured by a popped corn kernel from their snack at school (oh, looky there I snuck another frugal tip in.... pop your own popcorn and give it to them as a snack... soooooo inexpensive, and the kids love it!!). But I haven't bought anymore bags since then. Squirt a dab of dawn in the bag, gush a bit of hot water, zip, shake and squish to your heart's content, then rinse out. Leave upside down to dry, then place in your baggy drawer for reuse!

Not only is this easier on your budget, but also easier on the environment. And, yes, you will eventually be buying another box of bags, but not nearly as frequently as you have been!!!

5 comments:

Lisa said...

super idea!!

***LIZ*** said...

Michael loves popcorn as a snack too! My grandma used to do this with all of her bags.

Jessica M said...

Reuse your ziplocks? I never would have thought of it. Just catching up, loved your I ams and the sunflower pictures. Pretty!

Emily said...

I've done this now and then, when I am feeling ambitious!

Hope, I am not a coupon clipper either. Why is that?!

Anonymous said...

I'm not much of a coupon clipper, but Josh is. Weird I know. You can save some crazy money if you do it though:) Good tip.

Blog Archive

Followers

Crafty Blog!!!!

Vote For A Cure

Photobucket

Help Fight Breast Cancer by Clicking!!

The Breast Cancer Site

 

Our Forever Family | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates