Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Blue Knights?!?! Purple Cats?!?!

We have had a full season! And we have loved every minute of it!! Who were the Purple Cats?? Well, they were an awesome team of girls that Ranoah got to play soccer for the first time with this Fall.

She thoroughly enjoyed it!! As did the family! Skylah loved to come to practice with me and Ranoah every Thursday night. Zach and Daddy were busy with second practice each Thursday and weren't able to come, so it was just us gals each Thursday!!


Grandma even showed up to a few games occasionally. This one below is the first one she came to. The girls were both pleasantly surprised when Grandma came walking onto the field.

Those who know me here know I am such a photo fanatic. So, here are "just a few" pics of my Purple Cat!!!


At the close of the season it is inevitable... a Team party!! You must have one of these. Here are Ranoah's coaches. They had a fun experience coaching all the girls.

One last "Hurrah!!!"

You know it is a girl's soccer team when the team cake has flowers all over it... and a little soccer ball somewhere in the picture!

Zach had a great time as well. He has been playing since he was almost 5. Now, I gotta give him praise. He is not very strong physically, but this guy has determination to try his best each time.

Zach LOVES this game. He ran as hard as he could the entire season.

I love the look of determination on his face in this picture (below).


Here he is again, trying to get right in there.

He did a pretty good job as Goalie as well. The fast over-head ones would slip past him, but he was always eyeing the ball, keeping track of it so he could step on out there and swoop it up.

This kid loves the game!!!

Daddy coached the team this year. He came home every Saturday with barely a voice left. After our last two games (which were on the same day just hours apart due to Tournament) he had no voice. He was just cheering those boys on.

A simple cake... Sadly, no one stepped up to be Team Mom this year. Since I was busy with Ranoah's team, and I was told it is best for Coach's wives to not be the Team Mom, I wasn't. However, I found out a few weeks ago that there was no one organizing a team party. I was so sad. So, I got to emailing one of the team parents who I knew, sort of, from when she was Zach's classroom mom in school. She and I quickly put together this little gathering. And I ordered this very simple, yet huge cake. This cake is about 30 inches long. And most of it came home with me. Anyone want cake????? Please come over and take some!!! I am so serious. Halloween is upon our doorsteps and I have three pans of leftover, yummy, cake in my fridge. Needless to say, the kids have been given most of it. Since they can burn it off a little quicker than I.

Last photo op with Dad-coach and asst. coach.

What a fun season!!! Zach may not be returning to the field, seeing as how the level of competitiveness has gone up quite a bit this year and Zach may not be up to the task. However, we are excited to go on and try something new!!!! We may show up and watch some soccer games next year... just for the fun of it...

Then again, both the girls are already awaiting their cleats and shin guards for next year.

7 comments:

steveandamybrossard said...

Don't you love soccer? I think it is so great for the kids just to get outside and run and move their bodies and learn to work together with other kids. Way to go Coach Sean!

Trish said...

Looks like a wonderful season! How fun! I haven't let my kids sign up for soccer again because I didn't like the competition between the parents. I'm not competitive.

Anonymous said...

Yay! Way to go kiddos! Glad they had a great time and that your hubby was able to be an active part in it!

Unfortunately now days parents think they need a prodigy and so sports have a new, not needed, competitive edge to them mostly because of the parents.

danakat said...

Wow, they both are really into the game! I would love for the girls to play, but K hates to sweat and B trips over air. That's okay though...they have other redeeming qualities. :)

Love all your action shots!

Hilary said...

Hope! You're a Soccer mom!

hope said...

Yes, Hilary... I drive a minivan... carpool to the grocery store... drive my kids to the soccer practices and games each week.... I am a soccer mom!! There I said it!! Phew... glad that part is over.

Anonymous said...

I love the look of concentration Ranoah has on the ball:)

Blog Archive

Followers

Crafty Blog!!!!

Vote For A Cure

Photobucket

Help Fight Breast Cancer by Clicking!!

The Breast Cancer Site

 

Our Forever Family | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates