Thursday, October 02, 2008

Fly Me To the Moon

Jupiter's moons that is. My absentness from blogging is simply due to lack of time and creativity.

Shawn's creativity however has been sparked again, somewhat, in the field of astronomy. So, what does he do? He buys an attachment for our telescope to turn it into a giant telephoto lens for our camera. Now, if we could just get a better magnifier on the telescope so we can get a better view of Jupiter and all her moons!!
For now, this is what we got...

To the naked eye this may seem just like a blurred image. But to us it is pretty neat. If you look real close you can see the lines across Jupiter. On a longer exposure Jupiter appears brighter like a star, however you can also get a glimpse of some of her moons. That image on here though would look like a white dot, which I am sure you have all seen before.

I myself have not been playing very much with my camera lately. However I have been taking lots of pics at the soccer games. Hopefully soon I will take the opportunity to go out and just click where ever I see any color. Which right now means almost everywhere. Don't you love Fall?!?!

6 comments:

danakat said...

I do love fall!! :)

That's really amazing what you can see with your telescope. My B would be awed.

Anonymous said...

That's awesome! I love looking at planets and the stars! Maybe we should take the kids to the Planetarium up at Monte Sano sometime...and our hubby's!

Trish said...

Okay, I read this post a few hours ago and I have been singing:

Fly me to the moon
Let me sing among those stars
Let me see what spring is like
On jupiter and mars

For hours... I love your photo! Now you really might be able to see what spring is like on jupiter... or fall as the case may be! Thanks for sharing!

Hilary said...

Awesome! I want one! I guess I better get a telescope first.

Emily said...

That's awesome Hope. How fun. I love the lines.

Heather said...

That is a great photo. I need your camera,hmmmm?! I am so ready for fall too.

Blog Archive

Followers

Crafty Blog!!!!

Vote For A Cure

Photobucket

Help Fight Breast Cancer by Clicking!!

The Breast Cancer Site

 

Our Forever Family | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates