Words of Hope
I can't help but express the incredible gratitude I am feeling that today and yesterday have gone the way they have. What a beautiful and awesome experience to be able to see and hear a living Prophet, a Moses in our own time!! With everything going on these past few months, not just at home but in the economy and everything, I have been so anxious to hear our Prophet's voice; our Heavenly Father's council, expressed through the mouth of this humble servant!!
And what was his council? His guidance for us in these times.... Live Today!! Enjoy all the life and joy around you, especially if you are raising little ones. Cherish the time right now, because it does pass quickly. Others expressed words of wisdom such as, "Live simply!" Simplify. Of course, we are counciled to continue (and if you haven't started, START) to prepare. Prepare for troubling times; prepare financially, with food storage, and even mend your contentions between yourself and others. As mentioned, these words of advice and council have been mentioned before, and they could indeed be spoken many times more. However, they are just as important today as they were yesterday, and will be 50, 100, 1000 years from now!
Shawn and I have also spent some carefree time with the kids during these two days. Knitting, making caramel corn, jumping on the trampoline, eating tomatoes fresh off the vine in the backyard. I am so grateful for the reassuring words, encouraging each of us to live simply. Simplified moments are sometimes the most cherished and treasured by any human heart!
I am so grateful for the tremendous love I have felt from my Savior, my Heavenly Father, and the Holy Ghost, guiding me through these times of sadness, anger, confusion. What a wonderful tool for healing.






6 comments:
General Conference really is amazing. I agree, the simple moments are the best. We have the best times when we aren't focused on doing anything, just hanging out.
Beautiful words. Thank you, Hope.
I too enjoyed the wonderful words from our Prophet and the 2 days of quietness and enjoying General Conference!
Dito...what more can be said?
I totally hear ya! Nothing brings more healing then the prohets voice and time to just BE with family!! So glad you had such a much needed peaceful experience.
I love you Hope!!!
Post a Comment