Thursday, September 25, 2008

I Dare You!

Yes, Holly, I am finally reading this book. A book that would take normal people a couple hours to read through has taken me 10 years (approximately) to even pick up and get past the first page. Numerous times this book has captured my eye and reminded me that I was told it should only take one day.

I am not normal!! It takes me eons to read anything. Now, I am a great oral reader, but that would get annoying to anyone who has been around me this past week-and-a-half. Yes, that is how long it is taking me this time. However, I am over halfway through this tiny book. Why is it taking me so long?? Because I, like many others, have a mild form of attention deficit disorder. It is theory now that everyone has this in some form or another. Mine, is reading. My mind wanders. Not away from the book, but more into the book itself. I think about scenarios and sequences and such that are taking place in the book. If it is just the author speaking out in the book, such as this, I actually envision the person and hear their voice speaking the words to me. I hear vocal tone and expression.

I have been this way for a long time. Honestly, it makes the book more exciting! Yes, it takes way too long to read anything. But I love what I feel from reading them.

This book is called, "I Dare You". And it is awesome. When I am done I will write my name in the front cover, where the spaces are provided, and pass it on to a close friend who I know will love it. It is uplifting, inspirational, eye-opening. It is a wonderful short book. Yes, it is only 130+ pages. And it is a short paperback book. It will take a normal person a day to read, maybe a week so you can ponder and absorb and even reread it. But it will be read quickly.

I encourage.... nay, dare those of you who want to make some worthwhile changes in your life to get this book.

3 comments:

Lisha said...

I'd love to do a wheat order with you! Just let me know what I need to do!

Becki said...

Hey Hope! Thanks for your comments on my blog. I feel like I haven't had time to check in on anyone in a while. I'm glad your well. Who is the author of I dare you? I'm always looking for something new to read.

Suzie said...

Who is the author?
Another good book is A Heart Like His by Virginia Hinkley Pearce. It has helped me with some changes in my life recently as well.

Blog Archive

Followers

Crafty Blog!!!!

Vote For A Cure

Photobucket

Help Fight Breast Cancer by Clicking!!

The Breast Cancer Site

 

Our Forever Family | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates