Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Think of a Reason to Smile... And Do IT!

I have been reading this awesome book lately. A challenge of my sister, about 10 years ago. But, hey, better late than never!! (Of course, if I had read it 10 years ago, I wonder what changes I would have made then... Hmmmmm.) Anyways, it has helped me so much lately. What's even more fun, is once one is done reading this book, it is meant to pass on to another, so others can benefit from it. I can't wait for that opportunity.


Until then, here is one little exercise it had me do. You must read it to know more about it, but I thought it would be fun for others to ponder...

7 comments:

Sherrie said...

Early childhood educators have known for a long time about the 3 areas of cognition: physical, intellectual, and social. An equal balance of these are essential for healthy growth and development.

The scriptures teach us that spiritual development is really the anchor for cognitive development. Luke 2:52 (the only scripture we have about Jesus growing up) says, "And Jesus increased in wisdom and stature, and in favor with God and man." All four areas were covered, and what else needs to be said?

This has been really powerful for me over the past several years.

Balance.

Trish said...

Wow, Sherrie. This is why I love you. And why you have the calling you have, I might add... :)

Hope, what book are you reading? One of the best healing books for me is one not even meant to heal. It is by Sheri Dew, "If life were easy it wouldn't be hard." She is just so witty and fun and yet talks about serious issues and growth. I love it.

Dragonfly Girl said...

I want to read the book it's sounds so amazing.. your amazing I Love You!

Quincy Sorensen said...

I'm curious about the book, Hope! :)

danakat said...

I'm also interested. I know I could use a boost most days. You are a wonderful example of gracious smiles.

Stella said...

OK Hope, are you reading "I dare you!"? I have been trying to figure out which sister and which book. I love that book. Sasha, you have it! I gave one to you too. Unfortunately, I never kept a copy for myself. I need to get one. That is a book to read, and reread, again and again.

Jessica M said...

What's the book? Sounds interesting.

Blog Archive

Followers

Crafty Blog!!!!

Vote For A Cure

Photobucket

Help Fight Breast Cancer by Clicking!!

The Breast Cancer Site

 

Our Forever Family | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates