Thursday, September 11, 2008

Tagged by both sisters!

So, after reading it on other people's blogs I thought it was cute, but just not up to it. Today I read the second of my two sisters' blog tags with this, so I gotta do it. (By the way, I will admit I cheated because tomorrow, 10 years ago is more special to me, so I changed the date stamp and wrote this as though it were today!!)

10 Years ago~ September 11, 1998- I was living as a bachelorette with my sister, Holly, my BFF, Jill, and other awesome roommates, barely surviving off income from Fashion Bug. It was on this night though that Shawn took me on a romantic hike up Thumb Butte (okay, so we only made it halfway because he forgot flashlights and I was FREAKIN out from all the spooky noises in the dark of the forest). It was there that he, whom I had known since July 23rd, cause I wrote it in my journal, officially proposed to me. We just held each other in our arms and hugged for a wonderful moment in time.

5 Years ago~ September 11, 2003- Two kids, and I was POSITIVE I was done for good!!! We spent this day commemorating the tragic event that took place 2 years prior. Yep, that's right. 2 years ago from here someone stole our garden gnome!!! (Seriously!!) Yes, after that someone else terrorized our country, and unknowingly brought us closer together than since 1776! What a day to remember.

5 Months ago~ April 11, 2008- Hmmmm. Gotta think on that one. Probably having preschool in my house with 5 or 6 kiddoes. Mother of 3, busy homemaker, wife to thee most awesome and providing man I know. Anxiously awaiting end of school for older two, and the arrival of my mom and dad to move in with us, and then next door. Not realizing how incredibly blessed I was becoming with them heading out here to be with us.

5 Weeks ago~ August 8, 2008- One month and a day after my mom passed on. Who'd have imagined?! I was a nervous wreck, being held together by my loving husband, phone calls and Internet chats with friends and family, and slowly causing my Thyroid to go bzerk. My dad was away, rekindling a relationship from 50 years ago, with the potential (now eventual) outcome of marriage. Everything else is hazy... except that my sweet friend for eternity, my companion, my husband gave me an amazing Annibirthmas present.

5 Hours ago~ (This is where the cheating comes into play, cause I can't predict when I would have gotten around to writing this tomorrow, nor what exactly I would have been doing, except maybe sleeping, cause I most likely would have done this in the AM...) 3:19pm (Sept. 10) Helping Zach with homework, contemplating dinner, helping Ranoah with homework, realizing I need to go shopping while Zach is at scouts tonight... So it was kind of laid back at this point!

5 Minutes ago~ (Again, cheating. Sorry, I can't tell the future, but I really wanted to do the 11th, okay!!) 8:16pm- Blogging!! What else is a Scout Widow going to do as soon as the kids are all in bed until her hubby gets home?!?!?!

5 Things I (will do) today~ (Okay, so I can predict some of these!!) Get kids off to school on time and with smiles on all our faces!! DO the dishes, laundry and pick up prior to Preschool kids coming. Teach Preschool without pulling my hair out. Pray. Breathe.

5 Things I want to tell my husband~ Like my sister, I am pretty straightforward with my hubby. However, I probably don't tell him enough, "Thank You." He does SO MUCH for me and our three amazing children. He has been my shoulder to cry on, my venting partner. He cans the fresh veges he grows for us. As soon as he comes in I will tell him I love him. He is the other half of me. Without him I am incomplete.

5 Things people don't know about me~ (I don't know... what don't you know about me??) I love archeology!! Always been a small passion of mine. I HATE heights!!! Especially on stairs that you can see under. (I did have something else here, but I am NOT ready to share it with ANY of you. Sorry to disappoint.) I still get afraid of the dark. When I am alone, I must have a light on. I cut my own hair. Naturally Curly hair does have the advantage of not having to be a perfect hair stylist. I grind wheat, oats, flax seed, and use them and all sorts of other health nutty things in my baking for me and my family. Yeah, you should have my heart-healthy banana choco-chip muffins!! They are so yummy!! Okay, so I think most of you knew that bit about me, but I couldn't think of anything else.

If you want to do this, then I officially tag YOU.

3 comments:

Suzie said...

It's been too long! I wish we were neighbors again. There is so much we could do together. Love reading your blog.

Stella said...

Love the post. It is thought provoking, isn't it?
XOXO

Meghann said...

more tagging! I tagged you for a different meme on my blog:)

Blog Archive

Followers

Crafty Blog!!!!

Vote For A Cure

Photobucket

Help Fight Breast Cancer by Clicking!!

The Breast Cancer Site

 

Our Forever Family | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates