Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Reassuring

I get these daily quotes that have proven lately to be such a wonderful support in my life. The Lord seems to know exactly what I need, when I need it. Although I received the email a couple days ago, I sometimes don't have the time to read them. So, I read it this morning....

"Luke chapter 17 records the experience of the Savior when He healed 10 lepers. As you recall, only one of the cleansed lepers returned to express his appreciation. Isn't it interesting that the Lord did not say, 'Your gratitude has made you whole'? Instead, He said, 'Thy faith hath made thee whole' (Luke 17:19)."The leper's expression of gratitude was recognized by the Savior as an expression of his faith. As we pray and express gratitude to a loving but unseen Heavenly Father, we are also expressing our faith in Him. Gratitude is our sweet acknowledgment of the Lord's hand in our lives; it is an expression of our faith."

What a perfect and reassuring statement. At times I feel as though my faith is not strong enough. Not that I want to move mountains right now, but there are many things I need to do in my life right now. Each time I pray I spend ages it seems expressing my thanks for every little thing in my life. I have always done this (whenever I manage to take the opportunities to pray). I never thought of it as an expression of my faith. I just knew that there was so much to be thankful for....

Maybe, one day, I will move mountains!!

4 comments:

Trish said...

If anyone could move mountains by faith, Hope, it's you. :)

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing the quote! Faith is always something that is hard to measure, but I am sure you have it in more abundance than I do!

It was nice to see you today! I always enjoy chatting with you!

Anonymous said...

Thank you Hope. You have no idea how much that was needed in my life. You always are able to help me out, even when you don't realize it.

Dragonfly Girl said...

Here Here Wish Trish I concur I think she has great faith and has as long as I have known her

Blog Archive

Followers

Crafty Blog!!!!

Vote For A Cure

Photobucket

Help Fight Breast Cancer by Clicking!!

The Breast Cancer Site

 

Our Forever Family | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates