Wednesday, September 17, 2008

A Sinlge Bloom

I realize I have been more of an optimistic pessimist lately. (Is that possible?? I don't know.) So, I took my camera out this morning...


I Spy with my little eye, something pink.

I spy with my little eye, something pink, and alone.
I spy with my little eye, something pink, alone, and absolutely beautiful.
I spy with my little eye, something pink, alone, beautiful, and radiating with Morning Light.

A single bloom on such a large bush. Singled out among all the Fall buds.

A friend's recent post reminded me about how beautiful the simple things around us are. And while I am usually one who fully appreciates these things, it has seemed harder to appreciate lately. However, looking back, I know that having the beautiful weather that we have been having lately has made these weeks that much easier to breathe through. There are wonderful blessings all around us.

For those who are wondering, and who have called and have not received a response from leaving a wonderful message on my phone for me (Thank you, each of you), today was a wonderful day. The fact that nothing spontaneously combusted or impaled anything or anyone was awesome! But, despite being fatigued from everything else, I accomplished a few necessary things around the house(s), I spent some cuddle time with Skylah, watching her favorite PBS Kids shows, and we even showed the house to someone today.

Blessings seem hidden from us some times. But they are ALWAYS around us. I am grateful that that simple fact remained with me, though sometimes not at the front of my mind. My kids' smiles and giggles. A clean home (once in w while). Good friends;) A home, although tree limbs seem content attacking it, surrounds me and my family. I am truly blessed.

6 comments:

Dragonfly Girl said...

I am so grateful to know that everything was a little better today. I think skylah would be a good cuddle bug I am glad you had that time with her, and it's good to know that even in times of turmoil that pretty flowers can bloom...
Lotsa Love Sasha

Suzie said...

That is a beautiful rose! What a fun blog thanks Hope.
Have a great day!

Lisha said...

Great post, and I'm glad things are looking a little brighter. Thanks for reminding me to look on the positive side.

Stella said...

An interesting contrast. I spy with my little eye something patient, loving, giving, fun, cheerful...as we "zoom" in with our spiritual lens we will all gain a greater perspective of the beauty that lies within each of us. You are an amazing person. The Lord loves you and your family, and I know you will soon see this whole blurry mess, through our Heavenly Father's lens and your focus will see the beauty that is all around you.

XOXO

Anonymous said...

Good to hear you are seeing the blessings and that things are on the up and up!

Emily said...

Oh hope!
You have just had the worst luck lately! I have not been here in a few days and had to read up on your adventures, the roof, the dryer.... you poor thing!

At least you are staying positive. I hate when everything just falls down all around me, I crumble in too and then just plead for a truce! WHY ME!

Thinking of you!!

Blog Archive

Followers

Crafty Blog!!!!

Vote For A Cure

Photobucket

Help Fight Breast Cancer by Clicking!!

The Breast Cancer Site

 

Our Forever Family | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates