Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Broken Dryer"s" & Lessons Learned

Moments after the relief I felt from writing about all the weekend frustration, I hear my dryer stop. (Not a buzzer, but it just stopped. We don't have a buzzer on the dryer, so I always have to listen for it on laundry day.) So, I go in to switch out the laundry, cause this is the first load of the day, and I have several more.

When I go to the dryer, it is radiating like a bonfire. No, not glowing-radiating. But you could melt cheese on the dryer. It was hot. And, it stopped in the middle of it's cycle. Once again, laughter hits me. What am I to do??? Am I cursed?!?! First my washer last week, among so many other things, and now my dryer. No, I don't need to learn what it is like to be a pioneer woman and hand wash my clothes and dry them on the line. Why?? Because I did that two years ago when we first moved here. AND I still dry some of our clothes on the line to save energy.

After cleaning out the ventilation hose and lint filter, finding nothing, I call sweet, patient hubby. Immediately he gives in and says, lets just whip out the credit card and buy another one. This is ridiculous. So, I pick him up at the tire shop (his tread has been worn out for a LONG time, so we didn't want to tempt fate anymore), and we go to Home Depot to get a new dryer. Bring it home, connect it, and watch it glow and break down!!! Two dryers in one day.

I can't take this anymore!!!!! The coil actually melted itself. Is that nutty?!?!?!?!? So, Shawn went out last night to exchange the dryer, taking almost 2 hours to do so so they can test it to make sure it wasn't our fault, discovering that it was in fact a faulty piece inside. He brought home the third dryer and installed it, and it works.

The End

Not really. No. So, this morning, I was pondering something my loving and wise sister mentioned yesterday. Pondering so much that I decided to write 4 pages in my journal about it. But it was so neat that I had to share with you as well. Why? Because, it will be your turn next! That is right. We each had a conversation with Heavenly Father before we came to this life. We each answered His question, "What do you want to accomplish while you are down on Earth?" And He so graciously (as always) planned out things for us to be able to accomplish these goals. Lessons to learn. Goals to reach. No, a dryer breaking down was not my lesson, as I learned this morning.

I have had emotional challenges recently. Those are where my challenges lie. All of these mishaps are simply little annoyances to make me think I am cursed, or that God is punishing me for some reason. To make me ask, "WHY ME?!?!?!", and to lose Faith.

Well, Satan, you can break my dryer. You can put a hole in my roof, you can make me sweat each weekend trying to fix these problems. But, I have not lost Faith. I will conquer. So, I continue to laugh. I continue to smile. Heavenly Father has indeed blessed me. I have been abundantly blessed throughout my life. All good things are from Him in Heaven above.

6 comments:

Trish said...

Hmmm. I'm still thinking about this. If I think about what I do in life, then I think my answer to the "what do you want to accomplish in life?" query must have been, "laundry and dishes." Do you think that's what I said? Hmmm.

Actually, I have been thinking about similar things lately and coming up with similar thoughts, but I tend to believe that Satan doesn't break my dryer, the Lord does it. He does it to give me opportunity to NOT listen to Satan, who wouldn't break my dryer, but would break my spirit. The Lord allows me a broken dryer to prove me worthy, to prove me faithful, to prove me hopeful, to prove my charity won't fail, to prove I won't break under Satan's pressuring.

Hope, I know you conquer. You are faith-filled. I love this about you. I'm glad to hear your fighting spirit! Go, HOPE! (and Go, New Dryer!!)

Love you.

hope said...

Trish,

I had to respond. I must agree with the part about Satan not breaking my dryer, and such. I like that interpretation better. I am beginning to think I replied, "To find ways to be happy, despite anything that may happen." You think?

Oh, and I love you, too.

Jessica M said...

Oh what a day. I'm sorry! Thank heavens for patient husbands!

Dragonfly Girl said...

I think you are so faithful that these trials that would definitely break my spirit and send me into a curled up fetal ball are just things you handle with faith and in stride I am so proud to be your cousin Hope you are a great example!!
Love you

Quincy Sorensen said...

I seriously can't believe you've had another crazy situation. But, Hope, you're keeping such a good attitude. So many of your stresses will be gone when the rental is not your main concern. I hope it will be soon!

Laura said...

Last night Sean asked me to pick a topic in the topical guide for our reading...I said endurance...endurance is not in the topical guide....thankfully I got exactly what I need through YOU and your hole in your roof and your dryer. Thank you for having such endurance...and remindng me to realize how blessed I am and where those blessings come from. Thank you for making my day! GO HOPE!

Blog Archive

Followers

Crafty Blog!!!!

Vote For A Cure

Photobucket

Help Fight Breast Cancer by Clicking!!

The Breast Cancer Site

 

Our Forever Family | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates