In a Nutshell
Yesterday... in a nutshell~
5:30am- get out of bed. hit snooze
5:39am- get out of bed. hit snooze
5:48am- get out of bed. GET OUT OF BED. Get dressed. Limp around from the soreness that is the result of painting baseboards all day Saturday.
5:51am- Take Allergy and Thyroid meds (hoping that the increased dosage is working so we can start to feel somewhat normal again).
5:52am- Have morning prayer. Sigh in relief that today is a new day.
6:01am- Wake up school kiddos. Bake cranberry muffins. Make sack lunches. Fill out Reading Logs for kiddos.
6:45am- Snatch hot muffins for kids' snack at school. Head out to bus stop.
6:55am- Come back home from bus stop. Begin cleaning kitchen. Have stress-cause argument with hubby about getting things done at the "other house" so we can hopefully get a renter in it soon. Kiss hubby and send him off to work.
7:05am- Talk with husband after he comes back in to talk some more. Decide to remain in state of mind and send him back out the door.
7:10am- feed Skylah breakfast. Put load of laundry in washer. Eat my breakfast. Go next door to paint doors. Come back home and mow part of lawn. Change out washer and dryer with another load of laundry. Go back next door to put second coat of paint on doors (at this point it is about 9:00am). Watch the carpet men pull in to install carpets in rental ( I will never see new flooring in my own house... will I?). Finish painting doors.
9:30am- See email from Shawn saying he is sorry and that we have both been under a lot of stress, etc. And to call the carpet men to see when they are coming.
9:45am- respond to email and let him know the doors are painted and the carpet is already being installed.
10:00am- Exchange laundry from washer and dryer and fold fresh laundry. Put some of Mom's kitchen stuff away from off my kitchen counter. Hang clothes on clothesline. Put one more load in washer.
10:30am- Sit down and breath.
11:00am- Not sure... things are a little hazy at this point. Probably scrubbing a toilet or something. Notice that yet another things has gone wrong... the washing machine is leaking into a growing puddle in the laundry room. Decide not to call Shawn about the washer so he can get through work without one more problem.
11:30am- make lunch for little critter and me.
12:00pm- fold more laundry. Pick up things off floor from weekend. Vacuum all the floors. Fold last load of laundry.
1:00pm- TAKE SHOWER!! Woo-hoo!! I love this part.
1:30pm- clean foot brace due to all the usage this morning and put on wimpy ace bandage to try to help my foot feel better (I should not have mowed that grass.).
2:00pm- spend a little time with Skylah who has been so patient with me today!
2:50pm- Put turkey in microwave to defrost for dinner.
3:00pm- go out to meet kids at bus stop.
3:30pm- Homework time. Help kids with homework that should take 20 minutes, but ends up taking almost an hour.
4:00pm- Chat with sister on Google Chat while helping Zach with homework. Gotta love chat!!
4:30pm- Make dinner.... Soft Tacos... yummy!
5:20pm- walk to park for soccer practice with equipment bag since Shawn is running late. Push Skylah on swing, sit on bench and take a load off my ankle.
6:30pm- hobble home with Shawn, hand-in-hand while kids race in front of us.
6:50pm- Tuck kids into bed.
7:00pm- Eat ice cream sundae.
7:30pm- Begin to prepare Preschool lesson.
8:30pm- Still working on Preschool lesson.
9:30pm- STILL working on preschool lesson.
10:00pm- Go to bed!!!
Yes, this is the nutshell version. Today, preschool is at my house. I am happy for the change. It may actually be a little less stressful compared to everything else lately. Cause afterwards, I get to go next door and paint more baseboards, paint more doors, vacuum the freshly installed carpet fuzzies that are all over, Clear out the cupboard from dishes left behind by previous resident. Life is good..... right?!?!






7 comments:
Hope, No more days in a nutshell from you, I am totally exhausted. Are you kidding me? Really, who gets that much stuff done in one day?
My heart's racing and I need to catch my breath, just from reading about your day yesterday... or is it because that's how my week is, too.
Come to think of it, Hope, is there any other kind of day now that we are full-time Moms/sisters/daughters/wives/neighbors/friends/scout leaders?! LOL
I hope that you get a little down time today, and I hope your new scrip is working out for you, too. Thinking of you always!
I love you!
How bout I just go climb back into bed for ya? Sounds busy, busy!
By the way, I am impressed you get up so early! I think 6:30 a.m. is too early!
WOW You are a busy woman!! I love that you are so organized gives me something to aspire too!
It's official. You are superwoman!
Seriously, I hope to accomplish in a week what you can do in a single day. You really are amazing!
Wow. I had no idea you had so much going on. You need a break!!
Post a Comment