Saturday, August 16, 2008

My Baby!!!

Why do they have to grow so fast?!?! (I would have put a hospital picture here, but she was a little exposed! So the next best one I could find was this one...)

My littlest one is 4 years old now. I can't believe it. It seems like only yesterday she was trying to escape her highchair, not by unbuckling, but by disconnecting it from the chair entirely.

Those little goldielocks ate me up every time they were freshly washed. I didn't touch them because I wanted them to fall where ever they wanted.

As she became more active I had to put it back in curly-Q pigtails. I loved these!!! I love that chubby face, too. At least I still have that.

For her second birthday she had her favorite, pizza, before cake. Obviously she has always enjoyed good food!! (I would have put third birthday on, but I was a bad mommy and forgot the camera. :(( )

This was one of my favorite pictures of her and me together. The two curly-hair girls! I love her!!!

But, now, she is 4 years old. How can I bear it?!?!

One of the most mischief-looking kids I know!!!! Look at those eyes. I am sure she is thinking of only herself digging into the birthday-trifle (she isn't much of a cake girl).

On to the presents!! (The dress she is wearing was Ranoah's, but even she is growing too fast lately. So, Skylah got to wear it on her special day. The T-shirt that you will be seeing through out the rest of the pics (I think) belonged to one of Shawn's brothers in elementary school. She wore it as a bib to protect the hand-crocheted dress from the spaghetti dinner.) This is an awesome dress that Grandma made for her to spin in!!!

Daddy also taught her how to curtsy like a lady...

Then came the ferret twosome from Papa and Nana. Skylah didn't realize how fun these two could be until after the last present...

I have been loaded with things to do, things to ponder, things to overcome... you name it. So my awesome friend (who is one of thee best seamstresses I know) sewed this amazing mermaid skirt for her. She did a much better job than I ever could have imagined myself doing. However, I had fun picking out the fabric!!

(Yes, she is jumping in this picture. Shawn captured it in mid-air!!) She had a great deal of fun with this skirt!! She still doesn't realize it is reversible. (It is completely covered in sparkling sequins inside!!)

Her facial expression in this is not the greatest to show how much she was really enjoying these two ferrets. But she basically spent the last 45 minutes we were at Grandma's house playing with these two critters.

My baby is another year older. This year I am doing my best to spend as much quality time with her as possible (when I am not doing other things) before I send her off to Kindergarten next year. Happy Birthday, Sparkle Girl 2!!!!

8 comments:

Trish said...

Wow! Skylah is growing up!! Meeka turns 4 in less than a month now, and I am feeling rather sad about that. Her birthday falls just late enough that I can probably keep her one more year. Whew! Ask Skylah if she can hear me singing to her!

Happy, Happy Birthday, Skylah, dear!

Happy things will come to you all year!

If I had one wish, then it would be...

a Happy, Happy Birthday to you, frmo me!

Meghann said...

Give birthday hugs to my gorgeous niece!:) Hard to believe that they are turning 4, huh?

Lisa said...

Happy Birthday Skylah!! I love the new dress and tail!!

Anonymous said...

Happy 4th B-day, Skylah! YAY! Love the dress and the new tail! Looks like you made out like a bandit!

Stella said...

Where does the time go? Devin often puts our children's lives in to perspective for me. Aileena only has 9 more Christmas' or 6 more summers of still enjoying camping with her family. Sure they are ours forever, but they grow up faster than we want to let go. Happy Birthday Skylah! We love you.

Jessica M said...

Such a cutie! I love the mermaid skirt!! And I'm excited for your new camera. I'm saving my pennies and hope to get one soon. Have fun with it!

Stella said...

OK how did you do that? The time your bloggers last posted thingy. That is way cool! Tell me , tell me, PLEASE!

Laura said...

That is the coolest skirt ever I mean seriously so cute! My brothers little girl THINKS she is Ariel she would love one! I hope she had a HAPPY birthday! Dont ya hate how fast they grow!!! She is a doll!

Blog Archive

Followers

Crafty Blog!!!!

Vote For A Cure

Photobucket

Help Fight Breast Cancer by Clicking!!

The Breast Cancer Site

 

Our Forever Family | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates