Happy Annibirthmas!!

However, this particular gift ran a little beyond our typical personal gift budget. So, as he handed it to me he said, "Happy Annibirthmas, Dear."
I have been hinting about this item for a long time. And finally have it in my hands!! You can be only so creative with a compact. We have had fun taking some fun, interesting shots.

Playing with aperture and white balance (something completely new to us!!)

Trying to get a closeup on a little buggy. I myself am more fond of the contrasting blue table to the orange water bottle.

Shawn taking a 5-second exposure and realizing he shouldn't move... nor should I have.

I love these flowers that are blooming at the top of our driveway.

Farewell, compact. I will miss our attempts at capturing the three fastest children on earth in play, and catching glimpses of fingers in the frame instead. Ahh, the wonderful moments of trying to take a picture of the full moon while looking through all the pictures and finding several with nothing but blackness and a little yellow dot. (Honestly, this little compact was enjoyable. It was a lot better than our previous compact....)
This was back in 2006 when we first moved here. We went up to the Burrit House to get out of the Motel we were in for 3 weeks. I can't believe how the kids have grown (and how I ever survived without this camera)!!






5 comments:
Oh, that is a wonderful annibirthmas gift! When we moved here my annibirthmas gift was a new he front-loading washer/dryer. I understand annibirthmas gifts, and they are sometimes the best ones (well, right behind drawings done by pudgy hands and flowers picked by tiny fingers)!!
I am so excited for you! This is going to be so much fun!
Good boy, Shawn! YAY! You finally have an SLR! I'm so excited! I hope you bring it to T-day, if you guys are still planning on coming up. But it sounds like that may be out of the question for you. If you have any questions, let me know! Youmay have already seen them, but you can do wome pretty sweet light exposures with an LED light (the inside bulb of a flashlight works very well), a completely dark room, and a tripod. You can check out all the stuff we've done on our Picasa. I think you'll enjoy it. Love ya!
Wow, she does look a lot older! Especially since I don't see you guys very often anymore! Happy birthday!
Wow! What a great gift! Yes, I am very jealous! The pics you have taken are so cool. I love that photography is a common hobby/talent in our family. The flower that is a the top of your driveway looks like a "Rose of Sharon". Do you know what it is?
So jealous!!! But so excited for you, and excited to see the learning and experimenting!
Post a Comment