Florida Vacation ~ Week 3 (Picture Heavy)
After Magic Kingdom we all had to rest up a bit. What better way than going to the beach.... again?!?!?!
Zach played a bit in the water, but mostly he enjoyed collecting shells and building sandcastles.
Ranoah loved the water the most I think. She couldn't get enough of it... pool or saltwater!
Skylah enjoyed the taste of the ocean. Ewwww... I know. I couldn't get her to stop though. It was just too "salty".
Farewell Cocoa Beach. (This was almost the last time we got to be at the beach as there were rainstorms coming through during our last week there. However we were able to get in one last visit two nights before we left.)
(The Wii was sent in for repairs the day before Wii left. Wii were quite perturbed. I love the expression and stiff neck on Zach here. He gets into the games so easily!)
(Skylah decided to make her rounds taking pics around the condo. She snapped this beauty of Sweet Ranoah resting in the chair that she later tattooed with a ballpoint pen. We will be paying almost as much for that repair/replacement as we did for the Magic Kingdom.... I don't think she had that much fun drawing on the chair though!!!)
After spending another week lazily swimming and soaking sun, we decided to go back to Disney World. Only this time we headed for....
Disney's Epcot. It was awesome. I think we enjoyed this more than Magic Kingdom. However, this day started off a lot hotter than our day at Magic Kingdom. Thank goodness they had these...
After the kids were all nice and soaked we headed for some more of Epcot. Little did we know we would find Shawn's secret love behind the doors on a roller coaster ride.
We went on this ride twice, just to get pictures of all the awesome veges. We were even more thrilled to find out we were partaking of these sweet delicate items on our plates at dinner. What a treat!!
(Can you find Mickey??? Hint: He's orange!)
This one intrigued me because it said it is a grain. I had never heard of Amaranth, that is until later when I was conversing with my brother, Heath, a few weeks later about grains and he mentioned it. I actually got to say, "I know that one!!". Pretty colorful and brilliant for a grain, in my opinion. I loved it.
This grain isn't as colorful, but hey, it is NASA. This, in case you can't read the sign, is Super Dwarf Wheat. They are testing it for space growth. And it looked quite plentiful. Yum!!
For lunch we ate in the Netherlands. Norway was our stop for some awesome sandwiches. Who could resist a stop to make some masks and have a picture in front of a Viking Ship??
I believe this was in the big building where we ate dinner. Sorry I can't remember the name, but it was fine dining. We had Chinese, and the vegetables were awesome. We enjoyed the display around the ceiling so we had to stop before we headed out again.
Shawn had poor Zach crying before this ride. I slapped him a couple times (on the arm) for doing such a horrid thing. He told Zach they were really going to use us as crash test dummies. I was so mad at him. Right in the middle of the long line Zach starts to cry alligator tears. Needless to say, Daddy pulled Zach aside and explained how he was joking and we were just going on another roller coaster.
I know this one isn't that clear, but I had to post a picture of this. This is a band called 2-U. They are U-2 impersonators and they do awesome work!! I didn't have time to take another picture because they were finishing their last song as we arrived. (This one's for you, Sherm!!)
We all debated between which ride was the best. But, since I am the author, I get to say that THEE best event at Epcot was the live interaction with Crush from Nemo!!!
So, for this one all the kids get to sit in front in a smaller room, with the parents/grown-ups in the back. Out comes Crush on this HUGE screen and starts talking to all the kids. Teaching them to say stuff like, "Sweet!" & "Dude". Then came Q & A time when the kids got to ask questions to Crush. Finally, Crush had a question for the little humans, and it went something like this:
Crush: My offspring, Squirt, would like to ask you little dudes a question.
(Kids raising hands anxiously awaiting to be called on...)
Crush: Yes... the little dude with the orange shell and the swim goggles. (Referring to Zach!!! Shawn and I were so tickled!)
Crush leaves the scene for a brief moment, only to come back wearing this~
Crush: Squirt would like to know what this human thing is.
Pause from Zach... and blushing cheeks from me.... Zach has no clue what a bikini is. He has never seen one on anyone he knows.
Zach: A BRA.
(Laughter from everyone across the room!!)
Crush: Aw, cool! So it's like, "Ya, Bro! Way to go, Bro!"... Like that. Sweet!!!
Kids: No, it's what girls wear!!!!
Pause from Crush.... Puzzled look from Crush...
Crush: So... you mean.... this is... Chick Gear?!
It was so fun! We were cracking up! Zach had a blast with the whole thing.
At the end of a long day, we stayed to watch the beautiful display of fireworks. The kids were in aww at the beauty of it all, and Shawn and I just kind of hung back and enjoyed the view and "Sweetness" of it all.
Shawn finished loading up the kids into the van by putting on all the souvenirs from the day. I had to snap a quick one.
Shhhhhhhh!!!
An exaustingly fun day, that was well worth the next two days of staying in bed with a throbbing ankle!!






3 comments:
Ha ha ha! I am totally crackin' up about the conversation with Crush! That sounds like an awesome place to go to!
Glad to see all the pics and hear that y'all had a great time!
Crush is one of our favorite Disnyeland things to do. The best is to go on a birthday. They give a child a special pin to wear on their birthday and Crush (and all of the other characters everywhere, all day long) pays special attention to that child. We went on Mayzie's birthday a couple of years ago and it was our best Disneyland trip ever! (And that's saying something because we have been a LOT!
I grow Amaranth here, and it comes in several colors. There is gold and red, and peach. It is beautiful and thrives in the heat. But I have to admit, I have never cooked with it. Perhaps in the fall garden. I'm already getting summer doldrums... Time to get my hands dirty!
What a great time, we have never been to DW, but it looks like such a good time. I don't think it takes that long to drive there for us... maybe 12 hours. I think next year would be the perfect time to go!
Post a Comment