Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Florida Vacation ~ Week 1

Seeing as how Shawn can't sleep a wink when he is anxious and/or excited, our trek to Florida began at 2:30am, right after Skylah came into our room and asked, "Can we go to the beach?!?!"
Soon after we arrived, after driving straight through, everyone slipped into swim suits and we prepared for our first visit to the beach. Seeing it was right outside our doorstep, it was no major task.

If I had a better zoom or camera (hint-hint, hubby!) I might have been able to catch a better shot of this odd thing we saw as we were prepping to head out to the beach that first day. If you look real hard you can see a tiny black speck floating on the water. Well, that speck was a Submarine. It was kind of weird to see that right out our balcony.

After Daddy had to get off to work the next day, the kids and I decided to take a morning stroll on the beach to hunt for shells. And since I am still getting into vacation mode at this point I forgot the camera once again. SO here are the after shots. Zach filled his bucket full, and as he was searching for the perfect shell, Skylah decided to plot out our next few days at Cocoa Beach.

Who could resist such a cute pair, begging to go swimming??? Although that was not planned, we still made it out for a little splash.
Our first weekend in Florida was spent observing the Shuttle Launch. It was hot, but exciting. I don't know how I entertained three kids during the 2-hour wait of just sitting and staring at the water. I think the jumping fish helped a bit. As you can see, we had almost all three kiddos in their NASA best.
While I was video-taping, our little photographer, Zach took this awesome picture of the launch. It was a good thing, too. Since I was pointed in the wrong direction and missed the entire first 5 seconds of liftoff with the video cam. Good job, Zach. And great job, Daddy for a successful launch!!!

3 comments:

Trish said...

What a great week! Hey, I just wanted to thank you (and Shawn) for that t-shirt for Nevan. It absolutely made his day, and he is in it today! :) He wrote a quick thank you note and I'll send it home with your Dad.

Also love the new creamed-coffee background. That header picture... well, when I opened up your page I welled up. Yep. I really love your family. :o)

Meghann said...

Looks like you guys had an amazing time:) I wish we could hit the beach!

Emily said...

What great photos! It looks like you had an awesome time, AND THIS IS ONLY WEEK ONE!

Blog Archive

Followers

Crafty Blog!!!!

Vote For A Cure

Photobucket

Help Fight Breast Cancer by Clicking!!

The Breast Cancer Site

 

Our Forever Family | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates