Family, Friends & Loved Ones
Our summer road trip was brought to an end sooner than expected with some saddening news in the family. My family and I were in Oregon for the awesome celebration of my brother, Heath's wedding. It was beautiful. Two days following the ceremony we decided to all (brothers and sisters and children) drive straight through to Alabama to be at our mother's side in the hospital. We left Sunday night. Early the next morning, we received the phone call informing us that our mom had passed on. Our drive pressed on, full of prayers, tears and anxiety. We arrived in Alabama Wednesday @12:30am.
This past week has been exhausting, sad, joyful and full of family ties that will never be separated. For those close to our family, Glenda will be buried in Prescott on Friday, July 18 at 10am at the Pioneer Cemetery.
Our family has all been here in Alabama until recently. It was the first time in a long time that ALL of us were together, especially for so long. But it was a great time to share fond memories, make new ones and celebrate our mother's life.
(From left to right: Shawn, Hope, Zach, Heather, Dad, Skylah, Hilary, Mike, Devin, Holly, Sherm. Below: Ranoah, Heath, Heidi & Trish (our adopted sister).)
Thank you everyone for your love and support.






14 comments:
Wow! I had no idea I was so pregnant-looking until seeing this picture. Lol!
It was truly wonderful being with you all again. You missed the real water works when I actually left the house. Oh, I am such a boob. It was so hard to say goodbye. Truly I love you all. Shane and I talked last night and we will have the whole family in Prescott Friday morning. You can let your family know.
Thank you so much for adopting me. :) I'm so grateful.
Hope, I am so sorry. Our family's prayers are with you. If it's all right I would like to come on Friday. Is there a funeral at the church bldg as well or is everything at the cemetery? Can I do anything at all to help?
My mom called me a few days ago cuz she had heard about your mom. We are all so sorry to hear about her. It's wonderful to have the knowledge of the gospel to comfort us during hard times like this. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family! I wish I could make a quick trip down to Prescott on Friday for her funeral, but we are moving on Friday and Saturday into our new house. I will let my mom know, I'm sure she will want to attend.
Hang in there!!!!
The funeral service was here on Saturday. There will be no viewing, as we had a private family viewing Friday. However, after the burial will be a luncheon at the Stake Center. Joan Despain and Cherri Carrell have the info of both.
Thanks all.
Hope - Here's another {{{HUG}}}. I am truly sorry for your families loss and my prayers are with you all that you will continue to be comforted. It was good meeting Sherm and Mike but wish the circumstances had been different. If you need anything give me a call and I will do my best.
I"m sorry Hope! It looks like you have a great family. I hope you are finding a lot of comfort.
Your Mom's memorial service was very touching. You have a wonderful family. Our thoughts and prayers are with you all.
Hope, I am so sorry to hear of your loss. What a way to end your vacation. I am glad you could be together as a family though and celebrate her life. Take care, Emily.
Our thoughts and prayers have been with you. Sorry to have missed the service, we had sick kids, but I was thinking about you!
Thanks, all.
My prayers are with you and your family. I hope you can find comfort and peace in the Saviour.
Sweet Hope I'm so sorry for your loss I can't imagine. Know that we will have you and your family in our thoughts and prayers! All my love to you!
Oh Hope I remember your Mom being so loving and accepting of me in my awkward days. She was a wonderful woman and I am so glad to know that this isn't an end, but a beautiful begining for her. You will see her again, my prayers are with you and your family.
I don't know how I missed this post! I am so sorry for your loss. She was a great woman and did an amazing job with her family. My thoughts are with now.
Post a Comment