Sunday, June 08, 2008

M-I-C-K-E-Y M-O-U-S-E!!!

So, we have been gone for two weeks and still have two weeks before we go home for a few days and then leave again. I am truly understanding what it is to relax, and my body is completely in that mode.


I never realized how busy my days are until I came out here. I normally wake up at 5:30am and begin my day with some meds, then proceed with baking some muffins, pancakes, whatever is for breakfast; do some laundry, some dishes, I am sure a majority of you know exactly, if not more so, what I am talking about. From there my day would just continue. Well, I have been doing pretty much nothing but relaxing since we got here.
Shawn still works during the week while we are here, and I don't have a car because Shawn has it for his commute to work here. So, what do the kids and I do?? We wake up casually, eat breakfast (consisting of sugar-loaded cold cereal.... Hey, we are ALL on vacation!!), sit around absorbing the cable TV experience, playing Soduko, Cariboo, Card-castle making, building pillow forts, and getting lots of pool and beach time.
We have also, on the weekends, been partaking of the local entertainment. Two weeks ago we got to have front-row seats to the launch of Discovery. It was a sunny beautiful day, and lots of fun. This weekend we drove up to the Magic Kingdom in Disney World. We spent all day there.
However, since I am working on Shawn's laptop right now I am having a slow time uploading pics to the blog, so I will leave you with these until the actual vacation post. Above is the view in the mornings from our balcony windows. Absolutely breathtaking!! The other, although it should be obvious, is all of us towards the end of our visit at the Magic Kingdom.

So, until I update again (which will probably be just that since we won't be "home" until the middle of next month), I hope you are all having a wonderful summer break!!!

8 comments:

***LIZ*** said...

What a wonderful vacation! I am so glad you are making the most of it. I can't wait to see all the pics of your fun!

Becki said...

How fun! That sounds so nice. I'm glad you are having a relaxing time!

Dawn said...

wow, what a great 'vacation'! Too bad that Shawn has to work through it and you have to slave away at the fun stuff! The perks of working for NASA I guess? Can't wait to hear about all of your other adventures!

Trish said...

Hope~ I'm glad to see a post, I miss reading about you and your family! Sounds like a lot of fun. I'll keep my eyes peeled for more updates!

rjbmacfamily said...

Glad to see your having some fun while Shawn works :P Can't wait to hear more of your adventures & see pictures!

:)

Anonymous said...

Yay for vacation time! I am glad you are getting to relax! Looks like tons of fun! Can't wait for the "Vacation" post complete with tons of pics!

Emily said...

What a fun time Hope, glad you get to enjoy it! Your pictures are so fun!

Lisa said...

Can't wait to "hear" all about it. Looks and sounds like a lot of fun!!

Blog Archive

Followers

Crafty Blog!!!!

Vote For A Cure

Photobucket

Help Fight Breast Cancer by Clicking!!

The Breast Cancer Site

 

Our Forever Family | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates