Thursday, May 15, 2008

Dance! Magic Dance!!

During the last week things here have been just a little busy. Last Wednesday Grandma and Grandpa moved in. That's right! Moved in. They are staying with us, in Zach's room, until their house next door is ready, which should be this coming week. We have been unpacking a few things; playing with Grandma and Grandpa; baking bread, muffins and all sorts of good yummies, etc.

Yesterday, while I was taking care of a few things, Skylah was watching one of many of her favorite movies, Robots. Her favorite part, however, is the end. Why? Because it makes her do this....

and this....

and this....

Later, she and Grandma felt like playing a little round of Pretty Pretty Princess...

Aren't they so 'pretty'?!

What a fun day! Skylah had a great time spending with Grandma and dancing to all sorts of music.

This week has been full of errands as well, to help us all prepare for the coming months. Which leads me to the most unfortunate news (I know you will all be completely bored, heartbroken and miserable because of this.) that I will be unable to post any further posts for several weeks, due to the most horrible events about to take place... First, (now brace yourselves) I must help my parents paint their new home and move in. Second, (now this is awful) I must drive to Florida with my family and spend an entire month in a 3-bedroom condo overlooking the beach; spending countless hours sitting on the beach watching my children build numerous sand castles, collect infinite numbers of seashells and even possibly getting a tan. Third, (okay, this one is just the absolute worst of them all) I HAVE to get back from Florida, ONLY to get back in the car a few days later to make a 2 1/2-week-long road trip along the Mormon/Oregon trails; camping out, touring historical sites and at the midpoint of our travels (in Oregon) having to take part in my own brother's wedding. Then I have to turn around and do more camping, touring, visiting historical monuments, etc., before I finally get back home in the middle of July.

Sounds horrid, doesn't it?? I know you all feel sorry for me, so I will pause a moment to allow you to get your Kleenex. Go on... I know you need a breather.

Okay, so maybe it won't be horrible. And by now you are all thinking that I am either REALLY sarcastic, or completely insane. Actually I am both!!!

So, I will see you all later. Have a great Summer!!!

10 comments:

Trish said...

Hope~

Please, please, please, hug your parents from me and tell them I love them and that I can't imagine better next door neighbors! Then please, please, please proceed to have the most fantastic summer on record for any family!!!! Sounds wonderful! Hey, I'm gonna email you my cell number for when you head west. Perhaps we'll cross paths and have a picnic, you on your venture to Oregon and me on mine to Illinois. Hug those wonderful parents of yours!!!

Love, Trish

P.S. Love the dancing, Skylah!

danakat said...

I hope your horrible summer passes quickly so you can get back to the wonderful everyday monotony of packing lunches, finding clean socks that match, and laundry.

Have a great summer! Can't wait to hear all about it and see some fun pictures when you get back.

***LIZ*** said...

Hope, You are right, I have all the sympathy in the world for you are your summer plans. I am so glad you guys are all going to FL, I can't wait to see all the beautiful beach photos. Any chance you guys will be coming anywhere near AZ on your road trip? Let us know we would love to see you all!

Lisha said...

looking forward to the travel log...

rjbmacfamily said...

Have a fun summer and how fun it will be to have your family nearby (next door?? cool!!)!

I can't wait to hear of the adventures your family will have!

Emily said...

Wait what? Did your parents move next door? EXCITING HOPE! Your summer sounds divine, have fun!

Anonymous said...

Sounds sooo busy! Good luck with all the fun stuff you do to prepare, but I am sure you will have a blast!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I pretty much hate you after reading all the fun stuff you HAVE to do this summer. (Just kidding.) But I am definitely jealous. Very jealous.

The Mad Planter, LLC - Lorrin Wagner said...

You have to call me when you get in the State!!!

813-661-6478

Trish said...

Hope,

I know I already commented, I'm not trying to be a comment hog... It's just that I really miss your updates!! If you get a chance along your summer road to post, please do! Hope you are having a great time!

Love,
Trish

Blog Archive

Followers

Crafty Blog!!!!

Vote For A Cure

Photobucket

Help Fight Breast Cancer by Clicking!!

The Breast Cancer Site

 

Our Forever Family | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates