Tuesday, May 06, 2008

A Toothless Grin

It's always interesting when Daddy's gone. I usually am the one who makes it interesting by doing some sort of home improvement/remodeling job while he is away. But his time I figured my time would be better spent taking care of a few things... like myself.

So, today I did two loads of laundry, headed out the door to the gym, exercised, went to the craft store for Mom's Day stuff, came home, had an enjoyable finger food lunch in bed while watching Harry Potter, vacuumed the house, picked up kids from bus stop, talked to my sweet hubby on the phone while he was killing time before he had to dash off for a baseball game with his colleagues (poor guy... wouldn't we all just HATE to HAVE to go spend quality time with our colleagues on a business trip?!?!), invited husbandless friend (and kids) over for a husbandless pizza night (both of our poor husbands are on a "business trip"), snapped a few pics....

(This tooth has been dangling for 2 weeks. Totally bothering me. But this is my daughter who faints when I pull a sliver out of her finger. Imagine what she would do if I pulled a hanging tooth!!)

(So, these two girls just look so precious here!! I love their blue eyes and how one has straighter than straight hair, while the other has the to-die-for wavy hair!!)

Then we played a little before dinner got here (I love Dominoes Online!!!). While the kiddos played a bit, my friend and I picked our lettuce from the garden for an all-lettuce salad to go with our pizza.

Our pizza arrived EXACTLY when I asked it to. We sat down to eat, then it began. Ranoah bit her tooth. Yes, she bit her tooth. That annoyingly, gross looking thing that has been hanging there for two weeks. The other tooth that was hanging right next to it fell out just fine. But, NO. This one was hanging on for dear life. I finally got tired of her playing with it in front of everyone, who was trying to eat, and told her to come with me into the bathroom.

"Ranoah, it won't hurt... I promise."

"Are you sure??"

"Definitely. Now will you please let me finish getting it out so we can have a nice dinner?!"

"But what if it DOES hurt?!?!?!"

(brief pause)

"Tell you what... If it hurts, you can hit me."

"Can I punch you in the face?!?!?!" (with a grin)

"Noooo. But you can punch me on the arm. Is it a deal?!?!"

"O-okay."

"There..... All gone!"

(puzzled look)"Really?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!"

Yes, her tooth was out in a split second. After having it hang there for two weeks. She told me five minute later that it DID hurt a little. So, I let her hit me on the arm, just like I promised. And now, just a couple hours after snapping the hanging tooth picture....

THREE missing teeth!! And now she can whistle. How do you explain that?!?!

Now, I can't wait until my sweet hubby gets home, but for now I am going to snuggle up with another Harry Potter movie and sleep!!!

6 comments:

Trish said...

Congratulations! You have to admit though... there is something endearing about a snaggletooth... though it's hard for me to name exactly what it is... hope your arm isn't bruised. :)

Oh, I just remembered about the recipe. I'll get on that. I emailed a friend of mine who is going to share hers just for you. She's a real pro in my opinion!

***LIZ*** said...

What a good sport you are Hope! I don't know that I would have given the hitting Mommy consesion. I loe that pic too with the girls and their super blue eyes. I was always so jealous of girls with "colored eyes" I guess I never thought of brown as a color.

Melissa said...

Hey Hope! Not sure if you'll remember me from Prescott, but it's Melissa (Shumate)!! I found you on Laura Smith's page...I haven't seen you forever! How are you...where do you live now?? Your kids are all so cute! I hope all is well in your life!!

Anonymous said...

That is a way cute pic of your girls Molly! I love it. I am glad to hear that your husbandless time has been interesting. I crave time when I am home alone, but then again roommates are different than husbands, haha! Have a great day Molly!

Emily said...

Ooooooooooo, those teeth! Josh had one just hanging on the bottom and I couldn't resist. I didn't even ask, I just yanked it out. It took a little more pressure than I wanted to admit after it was over, and the poor thing bled forever afterward, but it was out. I got so tired of hearing him complain about eating because his tooth would get in the way. Sometimes you just have to yank it.

Your girls eyes are so blue!

Anonymous said...

Way to talk her into pulling it out! Sounds like you were able to enjoy a lovely mommy day! I am sure a well deserved mommy day! :-)

Blog Archive

Followers

Crafty Blog!!!!

Vote For A Cure

Photobucket

Help Fight Breast Cancer by Clicking!!

The Breast Cancer Site

 

Our Forever Family | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates