Mommy! I look pretty!!
As I peaked around the corner into our family room, where it had been a little too quiet for a little too long, I found this beautiful made up girl rummaging through my purse. Lip gloss, blush, chap stick... all strewn with caps off and chunks laid on the floor. She did have a sunburn on her cheeks from our excursion last week to the Botanical Gardens, but this makeover far surpasses any shade of red she came home with that day!
Through all of her mischief and tears, though, I have been thrown through a mind opener as of late. My youngest, and probably last, child is growing up. Each day I smile at the things she does, no matter the consequences she brings out from them. I am truly moving on to the next stage of life as a mom, aren't I? It has been a sad eye-opener. I already miss holding a tiny baby in my arms, nuzzling there little chins to my lips for a sweet and tender kiss. I still have dreams of holding a tiny one of my very own in my arms and pouring my love out of every limb of my body to cling on to it.
Maybe some day I will hold another blessing of my own in my arms again, should my Heavenly Father grant me such another blessing. But, for now I shall enjoy holding these beautiful children in my arms and cherishing each moment with them. Not to mention holding the tiny babes of all of my friends (and being able to hand them back when they need their dipe changed;)) as they bring new blessings into their lives!
Yet another side note~ This is the last week for my grocery budget challenge. I had lots of left over from last week because we went camping and I made leftovers a couple times. Camping only took the place of one dinner though, so I think I still would have made out pretty well.
This week's total was: $68!!
Which brings our GRAND TOTAL to..........................................
$266!!!!!
Not bad for one month, eh?
Shawn says he certainly expects a change in the budget now that he has seen this happen. I dare say I agree. No, I probably won't be pulling off any more $300 months, but close. And certainly not what we were spending prior to this. I am grateful for this opportunity I have had to remind myself that it isn't such a bad thing to be conservative, nor that hard. Thanks for the challenge, Shawn. I have enjoyed it!!






9 comments:
What a sweet post, Hope. I, too, have been having some similar thoughts lately as I watch my "baby" growing up.
And a big thank you to Shawn for suggesting the grocery challenge and to you for telling us all about it. I have really (re)-learned a lot as I cut back on my food budget. It's good to have a refresher course every now and then! :)
You have inspired me, Hope. No, I'm not going to take the challenge, but I am going to be conservative! I'm impressed that you did it!
What a pretty little princess! How can you get made at those perfectly blue eyes?
I remember putting on my mothers make up. I was so careful, I was so cautious, I never understood how my mom could tell that I was the one in her "pretties". Alas, I'm sure I looked just like your babe and mine always does, streaks all over the face, sink, and floor. Happy days.
About visiting us? I'd love to see you guys! We have a queen bed in the basement, and loads of good food if you'd like to make our home a sleep over point. I'd love it if you hit our house on the way to Heath's wedding so I could hand off a gift for him. e-mail me the details at supercrawford@yahoo.com
Sweet post! At least she knew where to put all the make-up!
Way to go on the grocery challenge. Maybe one day I might try it!
I love this post because it so completely describes the way I feel about my own point in motherhood. I want another baby so badly but know I can't. Of course we are waiting... waiting... waiting... on adoption.
I wish I could be in UT when you go through, but I will be in IL. We'll be on the road probably at the same time. We should do a mid-trip meet'n'greet and picnic! It would be so fun to get the kids together! They aren't that different in age, and they are in the same boy-girl-girl pattern. Love you!
Trish
Jen~ I am so glad you have been enjoying the challenge! It has really re-opened my eyes as well!
Dahnelle~ My hope in sharing this with everyone was that we could all take a look at something in our lives and make a change for the best, which I am sure most of us could do in many ways!
Liz~ You are so right! Those baby blues get to me each time!!!
Sherrie~ I will email you!! Hopefully we can see each other during that time, even for a brief minute.
Sharon~ I think I did do that once or twice when I was a little older than she is. Good luck on the challenge, whenever you should decide to take it on.
Trish~ I think I already emailed you last night about things. Hopefully when we are passing each other on the road we will have a moment to stop and say Hi!!
Good job Hope! I am amazed!
Isn't it a strange feeling to watch your little ones grow up so ? Sometimes it makes me so sad, and other times it makes me so happy. ;)
I've love Skylah's expression in that picture. Hailey loves to play with my make-up too. Always interesting... And I cannot believe you got away with $266 this month. You're amazing.
Post a Comment