Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Thou Shalt Have Chaos In Thy Home All The Days of Your Life... No More... No Less...

And the Chaos that shall reside in thy home shall be great.
For it shall last all the days of thy life.
Not less than thou livest. For that is not the entirety of thy life.
For the chaos in thy home shall last your entire life.
No more. No less.
And that chaos shalt be great...
Okay, so I thought a little ode to Monty Python would be cool. Or cheesy. Take it as you will.
Last week my hubby put in just a few extra hours for the Youth Fundraiser they did on Saturday. The deal was that people here could pay a certain amount to the Young Men for their camp fund, in exchange for them to till an area of land, pick up a trailer full of soil, deliver it and smooth it over the selected piece of land. My sweet hubby, however, decided to take it upon himself to till all the people's yards by himself. Then he went and filled up one trailer of soil on his own, in preparation for the next day, before going with two other guys and filling up two more trailers with soil. Saturday he was gone all day with the service project, as well as a couple extras here and there. I think I saw him that night!! (As I told him, it would have been easier for him to be gone on a business trip. That way I wouldn't have planned on him being home to help tuck kids in bed, and then receive a phone call informing me that it's all me! Oddly, it is easier when you know your husband won't be there for the event, before it happens.

Now, I know there are women out there with military husbands who are gone so often they rarely see the event of a birth in the family. So, I am not trying to complain about the being alone part. Just the way it happened. You know?!?! I hope so.

Anyways, while Hubby was gone Saturday for the service project, the kids and I were doing this...

TOY PURGING!!!

Doesn't this look like fun?!?!?!?!?!?!

So we spent the better part of Saturday sifting through ALL the toys in the house. I was tired of walking into every room and finding things laying around. The "playroom" hasn't been used in what seems like months! So, we eliminated the toys in the playroom. (You may be thinking, "Is she nuts?!?!" Well, yes, but that's not the point. The playroom will still be that, except with no toys. Just videos video games, a few board games and a craft area for the kiddos.)

During the purging we saw this cute little guy hanging from our bird feeder. How he got there we are not 100% sure. But, he got there. I snapped three pictures before I realized he was cheating!!!! Yes, CHEATING!!!! He chewed one of the narrow openings that is built into the feeder for the birds completely OFF!! Now there is a huge hole on my feeder.

Unfortunately I have no picture to accompany the next part of the story, so with this prior picture, use your imaginations please!!

So, I realized there was the hole, and I pound on the window to get him to go away. Instead he drops the upper part of his body, hanging now by his feet on the feeder, upside down, with his little arms dangling, as though to be in the scared stiff position when a Police Officer yells, "FREEZE, NUTTY!!!". A few seconds later, he is still in that position. Not a blink. He is frozen. My thoughts.... I killed the poor thing!!! So, now this stream of guilt comes over me. Why couldn't I just let him steal the rest and get along his way in peace. What have I done?!?!?!

I ran outside, around the house because the idea of walking out onto that porch with him was just eerie. I approached from the sidewalk as cautiously as I could. He is still in the same position I left him in after I scared the life out of him!!! I continue to walk closer to investigate, now about 2 feet away from the "stiff" squirrel. Then, WHOOSH!!! Off like a bolt of lightening he runs around me and up the farthest tree in the yard!!!

So, fortunately, there is no sign in our yard which says, "RIP Nutty".

Yesterday, we received a fun package in the mail from Great Aunt Lou!!! The kids thought it was the coolest thing to get an Easter package so late. LOL!!!! Thanks Aunt Lou!!!!!






And last, but not least, it is week #3!!! I went shopping yesterday (Monday) for our third week of groceries. Drum roll please...........................................................................................................

$68!!!!!!!!!

Woo-Hoo!!! This may be possible. I am so excited!! Aren't you?!?! The recipes have been great and easy to follow. One side note, though. On Hillbilly Housewife's recipe for muffins, I use her suggestion for the whole wheat using brown sugar instead of white. And, while doing a double batch, I add a teaspoon of Cinnamon & a 1/2 teaspoon Nutmeg, along with half a bag of frozen blueberries. Yummy!!!!!!!

11 comments:

Emily said...

That squirrel story is HILARIOUS! Thanks for sharing, what a funny thing!

I am so proud of your budget Hope, I whittled ours down to $100 and that was bare bones for me. I am amazed at yours!

I have a friend who never spends more than $125 bucks a month YES A MONTH on groceries, she is big into coupons, but is so good at it. I AM SO JEALOUS! You can see her coupon blog at

http://christinescoupons.blogspot.com/

Check it out!

***LIZ*** said...

I wish there was pictures of your frozen squirrel, too funny, thanks for a good laugh!

Lisa said...

heeheehee!! great story!!

So, we should go grocery shopping together!!

Jessica M said...

Augh. Please, let's not talk about youth fundraisers. Talk to me again after next weekend. We need to do a toy purge too. Yeah, not thinking about that now either.

Anonymous said...

Love the squirrel story! Gotta love wild life!

Yeah, I think I am done with fundraisers for awhile! This scout master stuff is BUSY BUSY! I'll be glad when we can take a family vacay to the beach in June, after scout camp! :) Though I'm not one to complain! ha ha ha!

danakat said...

Wow that is a lot of info in your last few posts! That'll teach me to try and play catch up all at once.

I am so impressed with your food budget. Depressed with mine, but impressed with yours.

hope said...

Em~ Holy Crud! $125 a month!!! That is incredible. I wish I could make time for coupons. That is amazing.

Liz~ I wish (now knowing that I didn't kill him) that I had taken a picture of it. That was just too funny. But how horrible that would have been had I actually scared him to death!

Lisa~ Anytime! Just let me know when!!

Jessica~ Yes. I am done talking about fundraisers! I bet you can't wait until camp is done!!

Sharon~ Our sweet hubbies have been completely committed to these boys, which I am grateful for. But, my goodness... when is camp again?!?!

Goodness Dana, please don't get depressed. Get excited instead. It was a fun challenge to take on... AFTER I saw the first receipt and realized it might be possible. He told me yesterday that I should be able to do this every month. I told him, Yep, only if you like beans! Seriously, it is beans almost every other night. They are good for you, but it can get a little tiring cooking them all those times.

Anonymous said...

Skylah did leave her poncho over here and I can bring it by either tonight on my way to school or to pack meeting tomorrow.

kg said...

Thank you for letting your husband go out and prepare gardens, ours being one of them...we really appreciated it!! Baby bling is always welcome at our home :)

Queeey said...

Cinnamon and Nutmeg make everything better. I never make pancakes with out them. One of these days I'll get around to organizing my home and planning meals but for now I'll put it off, again.
Speaking of fundraisers, I think our fundraiser is going to rock everyone's world and it really won't be that bad, were making the girls do as much work as possible.
And who wants to wait till camp is done, I can't wait for it to start!

hope said...

Ha! Thanks, Sharon!!

Kim~ I am so excited. First I need to purge my craftroom, then on to making a bunch of jewelry I have been wanting to make!!

Karalee~ I think it all depends on which part of the adventure anyone is anticipating, wether or not they are excited or dreading. There is a lot of work entailed in the campout mentioned here, for all the leaders involved. However, I know the joy of all the events and people around each other will make it all come to be a most wonderful thing! I am anxious to hear what the fundraiser is. I am not sure I have yet. Hmmmm. Also, I agree. Cinnamon and Nutmeg usually sneak their way into many breakfast dishes here as well!!

Blog Archive

Followers

Crafty Blog!!!!

Vote For A Cure

Photobucket

Help Fight Breast Cancer by Clicking!!

The Breast Cancer Site

 

Our Forever Family | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates