Fruits of their labors
Zach and Shawn have been spending a lot of time together. Going camping, planting the garden seeds, planting flowers out front... they have all been the latest past-times of my boys. Recently Shawn brought home some transplanting supplies for our maturing tomato plants, as well as some more bell pepper seeds...
Our little, baby pepper plants. Looking so green, they should be ready to go outside in a few weeks!!
Our transplanted tomato seedlings, already beginning to form their second and third sets of leaves. I can't wait for the homemade sauces to come out of these!!! ( And look at my handsome boys!!!)
I love Spring... despite the insane sinus headaches, runny nose, coughing, itchy throat... yep, the pollen is already floating in the air. But I still love the freshness and newness of everything.






7 comments:
Wow, are you guys running a farm? I love it I am so jealous. I wish I had the land and know how to have a farm in our back yard, fruits and veg out of your own garden is absolutely the BEST! Great job! I am "green" with envy... don't you just love a bad pun?
I love your garden, it's huge and well worth the time and effort. I am still dreaming about those homemade pickles I had at your house! YUM!
Pretty neat Hope!
I'll have to call you for some gardening tips this year! You don't know when the last projected frost will be do you?
A garden, I have to admit that I have never had a garden. We have never really been in one house long enough to invest the time. I want to though. I will dream of your garden in the mean time.
Liz~
I honestly wish we were running a farm. I was eyeing a 10-acre lot that had a small barn and little house that would have been awesome. Why? Because we can't have chickens here. I would love to have some egg-lending hens and a cow or something. Yes, you read right. A cow! Fresh milk and butter... yum!!
Em~
We are hoping for some less overgrown weeds and some more veges to can and pickle this year.
Jen~
We are excited!
Becki~
Not me.. call Shawn. He is actually teaching at Enrichment night when he returns from Florida next week!
Heather~ You should try Squrefoot gardening. Little raised boxes in your yeard that are easier to manage and can still give you plenty!!
Hope! I didn't know you were a farm girl like me! This seedling business is a regular occurance in this house and I long for ducks and chickens and a few sheep and a nice holstein with long eye-lashes! You know I have a garden blog, too. I will send you a link when I update it tomorrow (first of every month except February and October (weekly because those are the busy garden months around here).
Post a Comment