Thursday, March 20, 2008

Old Mac Donald had a farm

E - I - E - I - O...
And on his farm he had some
Bunnies!!!


E - I...

E - I...

Awwwwwww.

And some Turkeys goin'

Gobble-Gobble!!

And some Frilled Pigeons going

Who is that?!?!

And some Emu's who like to pick on little girls and boys

And some nice, sweet deer who will only eat soda crackers

And some brand new baby lambs and goats

E - I - E - I - Oooooooo

Look closely at the picture of the beautiful swan... look very close.... see the left edge of the picture?? The little leg and tail? That is supposed to be the sheep dog who usually keeps the animals in their place. I wasn't sure who was put in their place in this little quarrel... the swan, or the leg-biting dog!

And after lunch, who can resist a Barrel-O-Daddies?!?!?!

7 comments:

Stella said...

That looks like soooooo much fun! I can't wait for it to get warm and stay warm here. We are getting our garden boxes ready and looking at seeds to grow. Anyone ever tasted black melon?

Hilary said...

black melon? Is it like, licorice flavah or something? :)

Hope, that looks like tons of fun! We (by "we" I mean "I") really wanted to go to the National Zoo while we were in DC today, but we chose otehr things, more priority on our list to see. It was still pretty freakin' awesome, and the great part is, we still have so much we still haven't done and live so close. Maybe we'll all have to go to the zoo together if you guys come up for a visit.

***LIZ*** said...

How fun, I love petting zoos! The kids look like they all had so much fun!

Emily said...

That last picture is a hoot.

You have to promise me that Shawn will not mow the front yard with his tractor this summer... he's likely to impale himself or something.

Are the farmers markets back up yet?

Laura said...

SO FUN! The people across the street "grow" giant bunnies in their garage...a little strange I know but they are HUGE and look so cute! :) BTW LOVE Tea Tree Oil its like a dream come true when I have coldsores! (Sick that I get them I know!) Also you are so talented the necklace you made is beautiful! I would craft swap but I'm not that crafty people would probably be bummed on my month and I'm not just saying that! :) Hope Easter was fun for you guys!

hope said...

Holly,
It was loads of fun! I was glad it was warmer that week because we are having a few more cold days again. Black Melon?? Nope. Can't say that I have.
Hilary,
My thinking, too... Licorice flavor. Hmmmm... I don't think I would be compelled to try it if it were though. I would love it if we could all go to the National Zoo on a visit up there!!! Hopefully we can plan a visit up there soon.
Liz,
The kids did have a bunch of fun. They are still talking about how they loved the animals. We will probably be going again soon to see how the babies are growing up.
Em,
Skylah was actually the one being rolled in the barrell by Shawn. Her hair looked like a lion's! She decided after Shawn had pushed her too fast that it was her turn to push. Shawn tried to help her by swinging from side to side, but, alas, he was too heavy for little Skylah to push! And I haven't seen the farmer's markets yet. I think they all start up in April here.
Laura,
Giant bunnies?!?! I don't think I would enjoy that. Still loving the tea tree oil. I have since purchased several Melaluca products from a friend and am slowly becoming converted!! LOL
Easter was fun. I really had a low-key Easter this year, mostly because I am tired of the commercializing. We made homemade candy, dyed eggs using food coloring and vinegar (no kits) and a white crayon, and my kids received large framed portraits of the Savior for Easter, along with a Family basket of homemade goodies. We hunted for our Resurrection eggs later and told the story of the First Easter, after a simple dinner with Grandma Holcomb. It was fun.
I hope everyone else had a good Easter.

Sarah said...

Looks like fun. My kids are too chicken to touch any of the animals...maybe someday?

Blog Archive

Followers

Crafty Blog!!!!

Vote For A Cure

Photobucket

Help Fight Breast Cancer by Clicking!!

The Breast Cancer Site

 

Our Forever Family | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates