Super Mom
So, call me an extremist. I know! I know! Last time I was complaining about how much I hadn't got done due to my scrapbooking craze for the week. Since I am at a hault with pictures until I can get loads more developed, this week is free to be a decent housekeeper, mom, wife and woman!!
So, Monday I left my house at 9:45 am never to see it again until 3:15. Not normal for me, but it still ended up we had enough time to have a good meal of BBQ Chicken Rice & Broccoli, have FHE at a normal time and still have kids in bed by 7:30.
Tuesday was somewhat quiet... a trip to the gym for a QUICK workout before getting to the poles to cast my vote, and ending up back at home for a playdate. Quiet afternoon with Skylah, dinner at a decent time again, kids in bed by 7. Doing pretty good.
Well, waking up at 3am (approximately) to Tornado sirens kind of through my whole Wednesday attitude off. We even ended up in my daughter's closet for about 15 minutes when we were told on the news that a "possible"funnel cloud had been spotted closeby. So, we got the kids back into bed. I hopped back in, only to get up less than an hour later to get kids ready for school. Got back from the bus stop and crashed!! Yep, I crashed. I was out. Skylah woke me up at 8 and I brushed her off. (I am sure now you asking "how does this make you Supermom???"... just be patient.) I awoke again at 10:30 and decided to actually do something! So, seeing as how I really wanted to stay in bed til noon I feel like I was indeed Supermom today. I was able to clean, fold & PUT AWAY laundry, unload and load dishes, make an extremely yummy and healthy meal of Spagetti & Meatballs (if you get down on your knees and beg I MIGHT give you the recipe... Hah!! Just kidding. There is no way you will get it from me!!! Hah! Hah!! Fooled you again!! Keep reading and I am pretty sure I will give it to you!!), get three stacks of papers filed, feed the dogs (believe it or not I have a real hard time remembering this small task)... Need I say more?
I have felt particularly good this week. I feel optomistic. It feels good.
So, here is a picture of me, Supermom!!!
I told you... Supermom!!!
Now, meatballs ala healthnut...
1 lb. ground turkey
2 medium eggs
1 cup whole wheat bread crumbs
1 cup rolled oats
3 TBS ground Flaxseed
Rosemary
Oregano
Pepper
Mix together, shape into balls and place in 9x13 lightly oiled pan (olive oil preferably). Cover and bake at 375 for 20-25 minutes. Remove cover and pour spaggeti sauce (My preferred choice is the Sugar-free selection, but to each his own.) and bake uncovered for 10 minutes. Serve on choice of noodles or pasta (we use organic whole wheat.. yummy!!!), with tossed salad.
Now I am off to pick up a bunch of kids from scouts and dance and come home and put them to bed and... REST!!!






10 comments:
If you got the laundry washed and folded you are a super mom. Glad the tornadoes didn't hit you!
Don't you love it when things go your way and you get things DONE?!? I would feel like supermom too!!
You are supermom. I like the way Clark is checking you out in the background. Glad you are safe and sound.
Way to go, SUPERMOM! Congrats on such a productive day! I need one of those! LOL
Wow! I am impressed and suitable bitter.
And I am in love with your picture! You have got to frame that one.
Thanks girls!! It was fun while it lasted! I should print that picture and keep it where I can see it every day... in the kitchen!!!
That pic is hysterical. great post. i think you've just inspired ME to be Supermom. First I have to get off the computer though :)
Love the supermom!
Ha-ha, I love that picture Hope. It's darling!
YAY SUPERMOM!
Hi Hope it was great to here from you. I have always wonder what happened to you guys. Where are you guys living now are you still in TX? I can't believe how big Zach is I remember when he was just a little baby and wow 2 more thats great. Well talk to you later.
Post a Comment