Monday, February 11, 2008

The Good... & the Ugly?!

This weekend was great! Although I much prefer being able to accomplish all the cleaning on Saturday (growing up it was known as Thorough Cleaning Day), we were able to get in some relaxing and a couple of Honey-Do's.

Those of you who have not yet seen my kitchen, I love it because of it's brightness and simplicity. I love Lighthouses. Don't know why, I just do. Well, a few years ago I was given all sorts of lighthouse figurines to display. Our old house in TX had built in shelves EVERYWHERE. This one, not so much. So, in my brain I have been scheming a way to cleverly display my lighthouses. Solution?? Crown molding. Turned the other way it makes a wonderfully simple shelf. So, Shawn spent all Saturday night cutting and drilling and eventually putting up the shelves in my kitchen.
I still need to paint these wonderful pre-primed shelves, but I am loving it immensely to walk into my Lighthouse kitchen. It goes beautifully with my 3/4 finished mural I have on my Diningroom wall!!
Now, the Ugly. This is what happens when the Civil Engineer doesn't do his job properly. 20+ feet of water into your yard. (Mind you that is not 20 feet deep, but 20 feet into our yard.) When we came to the realization of this constructin that was taking place behind our house we certainly didn't have this in mind. Since then they have cut a temporary drainage ditch, but they certainly better do something more permanent before the houses go in!!

6 comments:

danakat said...

That looks great, Hope!
I'm looking forward to seeing it in person at the lunch on Wednesday.

And yeah, your yard doesn't look so hot right now. So sorry.

Sarah said...

Lookin' good. Shawn did a great job.

Emily said...

What the heck! I would be so mad at that developer right now, hope it gets fixed... and great honey-do!

Stella said...

Hope, I luv it!!! Hope, uhhhh...yeah, ugly! So sorry.

Dahnelle said...

Ooh, I Love the lighthouse kitchen!

Jessica M said...

Nice work! Can't wait to see it!

Blog Archive

Followers

Crafty Blog!!!!

Vote For A Cure

Photobucket

Help Fight Breast Cancer by Clicking!!

The Breast Cancer Site

 

Our Forever Family | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates