Line upon line... right?
As I sit here eating the remains of chocolate ice cream from it's container (justified by making room in my crowded freezer), I am forced to reflect upon my year so far. I made New Year's Resolutions this year. Have I been putting enough effort to accomplishing my own goals? I would like to say that I have for the most part.
I finished filling my journal that I started when I was 14 years old. If I continue at the rate of which I finished it I should be buying another one before the year is out.
I have finished reading the Book of Mormon, which has been a lifetime goal of mine practically. I wanted to finish before Z was baptized in December, but I guess 3 weeks late will have to suffice. My next goal on that line is the New Testament, which Z has challenged me to reading along with him. He has already passed me up by 4 chapters. I better get rolling!!
Prayer. Yes, prayer and I have had a struggle. I almost always can be found uttering a prayer under my breath. I have complete faith that prayers are answered. So, what is my problem? I seem to be contemplating prayer and actually endeavoring to pray more when I am mostly in need. Last week I found no "need" other than that of really needing to converse with my Heavenly Father. And that is what I found myself doing. I felt so uplifted and lightened. No I wasn't able to continue in my efforts, but hopefully my endeavors will become more frequent.
Being more calm. Yep. I will say that has been a bonus for me. I have already been able to do this. But I wanted to put it to better practice. Yesterday when R decided to have another seizure and pass out again, this time in my arms while I was endeavoring (I think that is my new word) to remove some slivers from her hand that she apparently got from playing outside and neglected to inform me of until they hurt her. Yep, I pulled out the tweezers and she was down in 3 minutes. Talking about throwing off one's morning. I had planned on exercising at the gym and coming home and baking a valentines day cake for our awesome monthly blogger's luncheon that was today. Instead I got to stay at the side of my loving daughter with a cold wet washcloth in hand, stroking her forehead, and making sure she knew how old she was and where she was before I drove her to school 3 hours later. So, I got to stay up a little and frost the cake instead of doing it at noon. And I got to run to the store for napkins, plates, etc. only 10 minutes before the party started, and rush over to my wonderful friend's house to drop off a bottle of Sprite for her poor sick son. If I sound out of breath, I am. But, thankfully enough, I am still calm. Tired, but calm.
Wednesday nights are our busiest nights around here. R has dance, Z has scouts & Shawn has mutual. We have arranged a wonderful little carpool for this night. Tonight, after a fun, yet exausting day of hosting a v-day luncheon, after cleaning my personal tornado infested home, Skylah came down with a temp. So, this evening turned into a peaceful night at home with two bored kids, who would have preferred going to their originally scheduled activities to staying at home while I wait on S hand and foot. And only 10 minutes ago, approximately 30 minutes after getting three kiddos to bed, I get a loud and obnoxious knock at my door. All I can think of is, "that was scary" and "WHO THE HECK IS KNOCKING ON MY DOOR???". So, I peak out my peep hole. A car is pulling away. Look out my window (I am not opening my door without my hubby home, despite my two puppy-like dogs.), then open my door. Only to find the sweetest thing all week. I don't know who it was. I found three pink, chocolate filled roses and a big sign on my door wishing a Happy Valentine's Day. I am almost in tears over here.
Yes, I am rambling and babbling now. I am tired and worn out. All I want to do is get out and exercise at the gym and everything this week is preventing me from that. I already know tomorrow I will not be doing that so I can be home with S so I can make sure she will be better. R is fine. Shawn helped distract her while I pulled the remaining 15 slivers from her hands so she wouldn't get an infection. I can't wait to see my sister and bother-in-law in less than a week as they travel out to their new home out East, even though they will only be here for a short time, I am excited to be able to give one of my siblngs a hug since it has been so long. Line upon line we learn how to deal and cope with our circumstances and challenges.
I hope each of you are able to spend Valentine's Day with a loved one or in the presence of someone who you care about and cares about you. I am personally looking forward to a quiet evening with my hubby.
Now, since my ice cream is gone, I will head off to my journal for more writing, then to read or crochet or knit. Depending on what I am in the mood for.






4 comments:
(((hugs))) hang in there....some days just end up being like that! How was the luncheon?
Thanks, Sis!! I guess I vented a bit and forgot to mention that the luncheon was a great highlight and escape. It was fun to have so many friends in my home!!! The kids had a great time, for the mostpart. It was worth staying up and frosting a cake!!!!!
The luncheon was GREAT, so was your cake. If you ever need anything, just let me know. For the next month or so I am only a hop, skip and a jump away!!
The time in your home was wonderful!
I can't believe what a morning you had! You are a wonder!
Post a Comment