Tuesday, January 29, 2008

What kind of person would I be?

I told myself, and others, that I wouldn't post anything about the passing of President Hinckley. It wasn't for any reason, other than that of overkill in the blogging world. But I have been pondering this event since I received the phone calls Sunday night.
As I explained to my children, while they were eating their breakfast before heading off to the bus stop, of the passing of our Prophet and leader, I began to feel even more of the loss in my heart for this wonderful person who has been a part of my life in many ways. I never got to shake his hand, or even see him face to face. Each moment I heard him speak it was as though his heart was reaching out to me alone. His wisdom, wit and obvious inspiration touched me so dearly. Never before had I taken anything quite so literally than when he spoke about being prepared, getting an education, or how these things that have been happening in these days are "only the beginning". He was truly a Prophet of God.

I think I will miss his smile the most. His kind, warm smile. He was a humble man. I am grateful to have had the opportunity to have gone through these years of growth with his guidance. In Shawn's and my time together, most has been spent away from most of our family. In places that, only years ago, had no temple close by. In the places we have lived we have been blessed by President Hinckley's direction by the very opportunity we have each month to drive, not a day's travel, but only an hour to our Temple. It is a "Mini" Temple, but to me it is as grand and wonderful as any other I have ever stepped into. It was under President Hinckley's direction and guidance that the gospel has reached so many hearts and that so many other people have been blessed by closer Temples.
I am grateful for this man who has touched my heart with his words, stories and deeds. He will be greatly missed. But, I am also incredibly grateful that I know that he is with our Savior and his loving Eternal companion.

2 comments:

danakat said...

A beautiful tribute.

Heather said...

Thank you Hope. I too choose to keep my thoughts to myself butyou said it wonderfully. I will miss greatly.

Blog Archive

Followers

Crafty Blog!!!!

Vote For A Cure

Photobucket

Help Fight Breast Cancer by Clicking!!

The Breast Cancer Site

 

Our Forever Family | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates