Saturday Morning Cartoons.... A Thing of the Past
So, in our house we haven't "watched TV" for almost 2 years now. By that I mean we haven't tuned in for the usual evening shows or been disappointed to have not seen the latest movie trailer, yada-yada-yada. Shawn and I watch DVD Series when we want to watch something we enjoy, which usually consists of Star Trek (everything but the original), Smallville (take my heart away) & Young Indiana Jones. With a dash of New Battlestar Galactica once in a while. We also have our collection of movies from which we pick each Friday night for Family Movie Night.
However, I remember the joys of waking up along with my other sisters (Together we were the "Three Little Girls") and rushing to see if we made it in time for Garfield and Friends! Sit down on the floor in front of the TV eating cheerios and watching all the old familiar faces of animation.
Our Saturday mornings are a little different around here though. Especially since my kids have no idea what 'Saturday Morning Cartoons' are. Although some Saturdays are not this exciting, many are...
Whole Wheat Puffed Pancakes fresh from the oven with nothing but Sweet-tart banana topping and condensed milk.

Some good old air hockey with Father and Son on Daddy's Air Hockey table (from when he was younger and playing at home in the basement with his brothers... no doubt a little more competitive than this scene here).

And what about two sisters playing with puzzle books?? Leaving just enough peace, quiet and time for Mommy to enjoy one more slice of puffed pancake and write on the blog!!
How was your Saturday morning??






11 comments:
So FUN!!
You're so good. I love Sat. morning cartoons because it gives me an extra couple minutes of time in my bed!
Oh I love mornings like that. Unfortunately we don't get enough of them over here! Glad you had a fun morning.
That sounds like some good old fashioned fun. Don't ya miss the old ones though? Let's see...
Tom and Jerry
Bugs and Friends
Strawberry Shortcake
Road Runner
He Man and She Ra vs. Skeletor
Transformers
Oldies but goodies. We like to have Pancakes on Saturdays. Makes it feel like home...
Don't forget Alvin and the Chipmunks, Smurfs, and I still love Pink Panther.
We don't really do the cartoon thing around here either. Saturday is just like any other, because Jeff is usually working that day... sad but true. Our special days happen mid week!
Busy!!! Glad yours was relaxing, the pancake looks delicious!
We don't really do Saturday morn cartoons here. But I do remember the excitment they brough when I was younger. Looks like a fun morning!!!
Will someone PLEASE tell me about puffy pancakes? I keep reading about them, but I am obviously clueless. Please do not let me bask in my ignorance much longer...
Saturday morning cartoons??? You know me, I'm not and never will be a morning person. I really didn't care to watch "morning" cartoons. I stayed in bed as long as I could, because I knew mom would be calling saturday chores soon! My life now? Saturday is the one morning Devin doesn't leave so early that he doesn't want anything to eat. So, I too, make a delicious breakfast treat. Usually crepes. I love the apple flower idea. You always have kid friendly ideas. Love ya sis.
That sounds like a GREAT morning. I don't really know what I did this Saturday morning because I can't remember that far back :)
I love your Valentiney layout!
Very festive.
Post a Comment