Ode to Dana... Puffed Oven Pancakes or German Pancakes...
Poor, poor Dana.... has been watching as all of her blogging friends post pictures of their families eating these delicious pancakes with all sorts of yummy toppings. This one is just for you, Dana!!!
Puffed Oven Pancakes~
1~ Preheat oven to 400. When heated melt 2 TBLS butter in pie plate or oven safe skillet.
2~ While Butter is melting, mix altogether:
3 eggs
1/2 C Flour (I have used white wheat & whole wheat and the recipe calls for All purpose, so take your pick!)
1/2 C Milk
1/4 tsp. Salt
3~ Poor immediately into pan with melted butter and place into oven immediately. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until puffy and golden brown.
Our family has enjoyed these with mashed bananas with a splash of lemon juice mixed in, drizzled with condensed milk. You can also put pie fruit on or fresh fruit... Use your wonderful imagination! And be prepared to make one per person!! Yummy!!!
We love you Dana!! Happy Valentines Day!!!






8 comments:
Okay. So how many does one pp feed?? I don't think my oven can hold four skillets....and we HAVE to eat together...all mothers eat at the same time the rest of the fam does, right?? :}
Love the new look!!
Really, Lisa? All mothers eat with the family?? LOL
Actually that is why I asked for a large waffle iron two birthdays ago (and got one). It got an hour-and-a-half of making waffles down to 20 minutes. These you can make multiples if you use pie pans, as you can fit three to four pie pans on a rack at a time, fitting 6-8 in the oven at a time. Problem = too much condensation from the fact that it cooks partly from steam, so your oven turns into a sauna. Solution = open oven door a crack every 7 minutes. If you have a convection oven this is no worry. To answer your question... I had hoped that one slice would feed each member in our home the first time I made them... WRONG!! About 1/2 to 1 whole feeds each member. If you serve a lot of toppings it will be less. Serve with a side of bacon, sausage, eggs, etc. it will go farther as well.
Your new family photo is too cute!
Thank you so much, Hope!
I can't wait to try this fun food for the kids. They adore pancakes with toppings so this will send them through the roof.
You're the best!
So Dana has had TWO different blog posts dedicated to her this week. I call foul!
You are amazing! You must wake up really early...my kids are kinda deprived! I give them pop tarts or cereal for breakfast and make sure I throw a banana or apple their way! :) Ok...there are times I make a good ol' southern breakfast, but that is rare! I am not a huge breakfast foods fan anyways! I'll have to try your recipe to win some kudos from the fam!
I love these with canned pineapple, brown sugar, and sour cream. Mmmmmm.
They look delicious! Thanks Hope.
Post a Comment