Another year older, another year... Wiser???
What a weekend?!?! Top of our list was Zach's first Pinewood Derby. A lot of the local Bloggers were there with their own sons, each of them knowing it was our first derby. It was so much fun!! Shawn and I agreed from the start that we would let him do it all. (With the small exception of Shawn cutting the wood where Zach drew the lines.) Shawn had always done his own cars as well in Scouts, and always finished the same as Zach...
I can't believe I was able to catch this exact moment. I tried all evening. We were so proud of Zach for his awesome attitude. Despite the fact that each race he was in resulted in the same 3.5... seconds, he had a great time cheering for friends and seeing his cross the finish line.

Ranoah got a little cranky. Partly because Zach's car kept coming in third. (I think she was more mad than Zach.) But also because she was tired of all the attention going to everyone else!! (She is actually spitting at Skylah, who is taking this picture, here.)

Zach's best friend came along for the show, too. He even brought his binoculars which the boys put to fun use. And they had the best seat in the house!!!

Last night we celebrated Shawn's 31st birthday. I wanted to make him a special birthday dinner and dessert, since I know his mom also likes to do the same when we go visit her on Sundays. We enjoyed a tasty Muffeletta sandwich, artichokes with lemon butter sauce, Salt and Pepper Kettle Chips & for dessert.... Lemon Cheesecake!! I must say it was the best one I have made yet!!

After cake Shawn showed the kids how to play a little game with balloons. Before we knew it everyone was running around with the balloons!!!
It was a great weekend!! We enjoyed a lot of time spent with friends. We celebrated another year of my sweet and kind husband's life... I must say I am incredibly grateful for my family and the friends we have been so abundantly blessed with!!






10 comments:
Oh my, how did you fit in all the fun? I love the pinewood derby, you guys sure have a fancy track. Yummy lemon cheesecake..Mmmmm. Happy B-day Shawn!
It looks like you guys had a great weekend! My fav part, the lemon cheese cake. Hope you guys keep having a great week!
That cheesecake sounds so yum. I love anything lemon (and cheesecake!)
Happy Birthday Shawn, hope you had a good one!!
I'm LOL at that picture of Ranoah! Too funny. And what a great shot of Zach's car coming in 3rd. That's so awesome that he has such a good attitude. It was fun to see you at the PD! :)
Your cheesecake looks beautiful.
And the balloon game looks fun...what are the rules?
He did great at the derby! Love the pic of the car on the track! I think I spent more time keeping Heath away from the track then actually seeing who came in what place! Chad enjoyed himself too and did most everything on his car all by himself and i was quite impressed with this hidden talent of painting he has!
He is excited to have Zack with him in scouts now...though he is moving up to a wolf now!
The girls were cute (as usual)!
Happy B-day to Shawn! You always have yummy looking food! Looks like lots of fun and memories were made!
What a fun weekend! It's great to be able to do special things together as a family (while teaching your kids i.e. winning isn't everything).
I would love your bread recipe for the mixer. I think I was going to have to mix Ade's by hand, it sounded too big for my kitchenaid. If I like to make it, I might buy the attatchment that grinds the wheat and do it more often. Can you post it or email to me at tddespain@cableone.net. Thx
I guess I am going to have to give up my recipe for the cheesecake!!
The balloon game rule is that you must not drop it! (Oh, and don't use your hands!)
Sharon, Zach is having so much fun in scouts, especially with Chad. He will be bummed about him moving on, but I am sure they will make up for each other's absence in the car on the way home!
Yummy! I have never had Lemon Cheesecake but is sounds delicious. Looks like a fun party.
Post a Comment