Monday, January 14, 2008

Little Debbie, eat your heart out!

Okay, does everyone recall those Oatmeal Creme Pies from Little Debbie?? Yeah, I never really cared for them unless I as really in the mood. Well, they sounded real good about an hour ago. So, for FHE I made some Carrot Cake Cookies...


(Guess what I might be bringing to the Bloggers' Potluck???)

Here's the recipe...

1 C Packed Light Brown Sugar

1 C (2 sticks) butter (room temp)

2 large eggs (room temp)

1 teasp. vanilla

1 1/2 C Flour (I used Soft White Wheat, but all purpose or whole wheat should work well, too)

1 teasp. baking powder

1 teasp. baking soda

1/4 teasp. Salt

1 teasp. cinnamon

1/2 teasp. nutmeg

1/2 teasp. ginger

2 C Rolled Oats

1 1/2 Grated Carrots

1 C raisins (I just dumped in a few boxes of snack raisins I had in the pantry)

Cream Cheese Frosting (Yummy!!!)

Oven goes to 375. Grease two cookie sheets. Mix butter and sugar together. Add eggs and vanilla. In separate bowl sift together flour, soda, powder, salt, spices and then add them gradually to the butter and egg mixture. Mix in oats, carrots & raisins. Spoon heaping teasp. on cookie sheets about 2 inches apart. Bake for 10-12 minutes, til edges are golden brown. These are very soft cookies. Let rest on pan about 10 minutes, then take them off with spatula onto cooling rack. Place heaping knifeful of frosting on flat side of one cookie and pair up with another to form a sandwich.

Yummy!!!!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't like Oatmeal Creme Pies AT ALL but this version....ah, yes, I think I just might like 'em! They sound very yummy.
I love the new background on your blog, too.
See you Wednesday! :)

Lisha said...

So, I'm expecting some yummy cookies come Wednesday!

Anonymous said...

Looks YUMMY! I guess I will get a taste on Wed.! Looking forward to it. Especially since I won't be socializing much with my schooling going on!

***LIZ*** said...

YUMMY!!! Michael loves the little debbie ones but I hate to give them to him because they are so awful for him. What a great alternative!

Lisa said...

YUMMY!!

Bama Holcomb Family said...

Oh My Goodness! They were yummy at FHE, but this morning they are heavenly. No joke. Let them sit overnight and the ginger, cinnamon and nutmeg do their thing!!! They are very moist, so they stick. So I highly recommend layering with wax paper if you have it.

kg said...

YUM!!! You are very creative :)

Emily said...

Oh hope, those look delish!

danakat said...

oohhh, I love your new look!
Those colors make me happy.

And your cookies were SO good.

Jenni said...

These were delish but I thought you said you put flax seed in them but I don't see them in the recipe?

hope said...

Okay, so the Flax wasn't in the recipe. You can add flax to almost anything. I didn't know that until recently. Especially in baking where it will not even be noticed, especially when you are using wheat like myself. You just add a heaping teaspoon here and there in baking, and half a teaspoon to cereal, yogurt, smoothies, etc. Not noticable, but you can feel a difference in your body when you start using it.

Sarah said...

They look so good. You are making me crave a Little Debbie. Shame on you!

Dawn said...

that sounds yummy! Great idea for an FHE! can we use Chocolate Chip? I can say for sure my kids would look at me funny if I gave them a carrot cookie!

Blog Archive

Followers

Crafty Blog!!!!

Vote For A Cure

Photobucket

Help Fight Breast Cancer by Clicking!!

The Breast Cancer Site

 

Our Forever Family | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates