Friday, January 04, 2008

He's Done!!!

Okay, this is probably a record for me to be posting so soon again. Especially after my resolutions. However, this morning it is justified! I have already done 2 loads of laundry, a load of dishes, dressed and ready to go to the gym, and now I am just waiting to go since I have an appointment this morning for my evaluation (YIKES, I know I am in sad shape... do I really them to tell me?!?!).
Anyways, on to my post... Zach got this 523 page book for Christmas and has finished it as of two days ago. Last night he began a simpler book, The Lost World. Shawn felt he is old enough to experience it! Here's his book...


(Okay, I didn't try to catch the Journal in the background, it was just there. Isn't that just perfect though?)

Honestly, I don't care for reading that much. I don't dare say that to my kids who love to read and read and read. I love that they read so much. Hopefully this coming year I will improve on my ability to read extensively. For now, I just enjoy hearing all the tales from them!!

8 comments:

Call family said...

Your family is beautiful and grew up so much! You are in Alabama alot of moves I guess! We are in Avondale, a town on the outskirts of Phoenix.
My son reads alot too almost can't stop when he gets started... Fun!

Anonymous said...

That's so great your son loves to read so much. I hope my kids get that!

danakat said...

I was wondering if that book was any good? Maybe I'll have to find one to read.

And don't give up on me...I'll see you at the gym on Monday!

Emily said...

Hope, glad to hear things are going well! Thanks for your comments, I miss them! ♥

***LIZ*** said...

Wow, good job Zach! Reading is my guilty pleasure I can sit in a disasterous house with no clean laundry and read all day, with little or no remorse. I know it's awful!

Stella said...

how do you do it. aileena reads, but she begrudges (is that a word?) it.

The Mad Planter, LLC - Lorrin Wagner said...

I am the same way. When I was about the same age I read Anne of Green Gables over Christmas break. I couldn't put it down. I am still like that with most books, like Liz I will read over all else and suffer the consequences later. It is a wonderful trait to have, especially for a boy!

hope said...

I am honestly thrilled with those who love to read adimently. I enjoy hearing conversations about books and such. Okay, so Friday night Zach picked up Treasure Island... He finished it last night. Two nights for over 200 pages. You got me where he gets it from.. I think he got it from Shawn's mom. Anyways, I love it. Ranoah at 6 is already trying to tackle Little House on the Prairie.

Oh, and Holly, it just comes naturally. Usually I have to twist his arm to go to bed and stop reading. Also, I try to make sure he is encouraged to read nonfictions as well, and I require a book report from him on them. That way he enjoys his time reading fiction books even more.

Blog Archive

Followers

Crafty Blog!!!!

Vote For A Cure

Photobucket

Help Fight Breast Cancer by Clicking!!

The Breast Cancer Site

 

Our Forever Family | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates