Happy New Year!!
Skylah got this amazing Marble machine from Santa. Although Shawn, for some reason, keeps calling it "Mine AND Skylah's".

Each of the kids got some new clothes from Grandma Holcomb. The girls got some handmade clothes that look amazing!! She even made a matching sweater to go with one of Ranoah's dolls. Here is Skylah modeling her new dress...

Ranoah got some kittens for Christmas. No, not real ones... Fur Real ones. Close, but no sneezing, which is great! She is also wearing the sweater that Grandma made.

I had to show one of Zach wearing the Santa hat and opening his book. The girls got a fun reusable activity book each, but Zach got this 550 page book which he is already halfway through! He loves it!!!

This is the quilt I made for Zach. It almost fits his queen bed... For my first quilt, I am pleased with the results. The imperfections are actually Zach's favorite part, because it reminds him that I made it!!

Shawn and I set a budget for each other. He decided to spend his all on one gift for me, which is hanging on my wall. However, I decided to get lots of different little gifts that he would enjoy. One being this Shuttle model kit, complete with Solid Rocket Boosters (his department at work). A cool part about it, as he is emotionally attached to the events of Columbia, is that he can select which ever name to place on his model when it is finished. Columbia will always hold a special place on the shelf and in our hearts now.

Another great event in December, birthdays and anniversary aside, was Zach's Baptism day. It was one of the most beautiful feelings I have ever felt to sit in that room and watch as Zach made such an awesome decision, go through with it and see my oldest baby being immersed not only in the water, but you could just see him filled with the wonderful Spirit that filled the room.
Shawn's Aunt Dee came just for the event. It was nice to have family there. The kids had such a great time with her here for a few days. And she was thrilled to come and watch Zach during this special time.

Zach was setting such a good example for his sisters that day. Ranoah kept asking me, "When is it my turn??". (Of course this had to be one of those pictures where she was experimenting with ways to smile. She is actually trying to blow a kiss here.)
Shawn was pleased as punch to be able to baptize Zach. I started to cry as I watched it happen, seeing the two of them in the font together was so wonderful.
After the baptism, and Shawn and Zach were dressed again, I had (Zach asked me to sing at the baptism) to follow with tears in my eyes and a frog in my throat. Amazingly enough I croaked my way through the song, "When He Comes Again". He is so excited about all the things he is venturing on now... Scouts, Senior Primary, Faith in God goals... it is fun to see his glow when he talks about the different things he can do and watch him do it. I am so happy he made this wonderful decision.
It was a wonderful month, despite other small happenings. With friends close by, we were able to overcome the rough quickly and get on with the great celebrations. I am looking forward to a new month, and a New Year. I hope every one's New Year is full of blessings, fun times, family and friends!






6 comments:
What a great holiday!
And I am so happy that the test results came back with good news...whew.
I am really impressed with the knitting genius. That pink sweater is gorgeous!
And way to go on your first quilt. It looks fantastic to me!
One day maybe I'll tackle learning how to sew. I can't even get a button to stay on...
I was suprised to see a new post so soon! I am glad everything is...normal. Looks like Christmas was super, as was the rest of your December!
ps. loved the goodies!!
Happy New Year! Thanks for the holiday update (I'll still keep checking even if you don't post very often). :) Looks like you all had a fabulously wonderful Christmas....I LOVE the simpleness--a good reminder of what it's all about.
I could comment on the gifts and stuff but I think I've commented on some of them in person but I had to comment to set the record straight, I was at the baptism and you did not croak your way through, you sang beautifully and brought the rest of us to tears.
Good to hear that everything is ok with your daughter. And that you had a great christmas. That budet thing is a good idea. That way, you know when to stop...congrats on the baptism, Zach. I can't beleive he's already 8! Time flies like a rocket!
Sounds like a great Christmas. That must be a wonderful day to have one of your babies baptized!
Post a Comment